Chapter 19

She is actually quite curious about the shelter they have in Gotham. She's been to lots of different kinds of animal  shelter. She finally arrived at the destination,

From the exterior, the structure of the building looks normal and blends it with the other buildings. The difference was that it has with a bit of color more color compared to the other buildings. The walls were painted with a shade of grey with some colorful prints of different animals. 

'Not the best building I've ever seen, but then again, I could understand why people wouldn't bother making it better since it's the most crime ridden city, anything could happen to it' I clicked my tongue and entered the building. 

The inside was different from the outside, there were lots of bright colors, it was also cozy and warm. I approached the desk where there was an older lady wearing a shirt with the some animal logo on it and gave her a warm smile. 

"Welcome to Gotham city animal shelter. How may I help you?" The lady questioned politely and I gave her a smile. 

"Well, I came her to see the shelter" I said and she gave me a small smile, "Oh, you could look around then. We really needed some extra help though." She mumbled the last part but I managed to hear.

"Why? Is there a problem?" She sighed, "The animals has been agitated, they are getting quite snappy"

"Do you know the reason?" I questioned, quite worried. "Not really, but its probably because the temperature dropping"

She nodded, "I've heard that animals could get quite agitated because of cold temperatures" The lady nodded, "What's your name?"

"Marinette, how about you?" She smiled, "I'm Helen, you aren't from here are you?"

She was surprised and she nodded, "Yes, but how do you know?" She shrugged, "There's a slight accent, its quite hard to pick up. Where are you from?" 

"I'm from Paris. You mentioned about the agitated animals, maybe I could lend a hand" Her eyes widened, "Are you sure? You could help by feeding or cleaning. Since they are quite snappy right now, especially to new people since most are rescue animals and were abused" She frowned while she nodded her head, "I understand your concerns, I do have some experience when it came with dealing with traumatized and aggressive animals, I also help rescue them some times"

It's partly a lie, truthfully, its because of her aura as an angel, her (angel's aura) gentle and light aura is loved by most animals, it brings warmth and comfort and soothes them. And being Ladybug probably adds to it, the aura of creation, thanks to the miraculous and Tikki. She was always fond of animals, so she also decided to help rescue and tame animals at shelters.

She was quite surprised by her reply, "You do?" She nodded, "I do, I volunteer at a few shelters in Paris, you could call Fondation Assistance Aux Animaux for confirmation" I suggested and she nodded. She dialed the number and luckily, the receiver could speak English. 

After a few minutes talking to the receiver, and the receiver talking about Marinette happily, let's just say that Helen was surprised by Marinette's talents with animals. She was highly impressed at her at handling animals.

She beamed at her when the call ends, "Well then, after hearing the foundation about you, you'll qualified for the job!" Marinette smiled, "You'll be showed towards the animals in a moment" Helen then proceeds to call the manager and some of her colleagues.

Three people appeared and talked to Helen, when she said that Marinette wanted to help,

"Marinette is highly qualified for the job when it came with handling with animals!" Noah, one of her colleagues, raised an eyebrow in skeptical, "Are you sure?"