dear reader + special announcement

Dear reader,

What a crazy ride it has been! When I started Closer to You, I was planning on just one book and calling it done. You guys helped me realize Bemma's story had so much more to go! And now look where we've ended up, three whole books and a little Bemma family. ❤️

It's so bittersweet to be saying goodbye to Emma and Beau and I already know I will miss writing their back-and-forth, but they've finally got the ending they deserve!
Thank you for always inspiring me and lifting me up. I couldn't have done it without you guys and I truly mean that.
Sending you so much love. Thanks for being here with me!❤️
~ KJ

***

not quite ready for the Bemma to stop?
well, me neither!
how about a little game?
let me hear your thoughts in the comments!

Which book in the series was your favorite? Why?
What're your favorite  and least favorite moments?
Who's POV did you prefer? Why?
Who's your favorite character? (And why is it Beau? Jkjk... unless...)
Worst Closer to You series villian?
Would you be interested in more Bemma in the future... (never say never... no promises...anything is a possibility but cannot say for certain!)

let's chat in the comments!

remember to follow me for updates and even more surprises!

now... something I'm so so excited to share with you guys!

Without further-ado...

COMING SOON!

Two Closer to You series spin-offs!

Keep reading my for more information:

Mending Maggie

~ a will-they?/won't-they? roommate romance following Closer to You's Maggie Carter-Lewis ~

[18+]

[this story is a Closer to You spin-off. it can be read as a stand-alone, however if you plan on reading the Closer to You series, I recommend doing that FIRST as this story contains MAJOR SPOILERS.]

***

After catching her long term boyfriend and now fiancé cheating on her, Maggie vows not to date again. People lie. Despite how they appear on the surface, people just aren't who they say they are.

True love, like the kind her parents have, doesn't really seem to exist.

But music never lies and it never breaks her heart. Taking an offer in the city, Maggie leaves her heartache behind and pushes ahead to pursue her dreams, bringing her trusted violin with her for the journey.

That's when she meets Theo: a cute, quiet, even if a little nerdy, guy that just so happens to be looking for a roommate. Hoping to save some cash, Maggie takes up his offer to share his apartment, so long as they keep things simple. Uncomplicated. Just friends.

Falling into a normal routine living together, Maggie finds Theo knocking down her walls one by one. He's kind, a good listener, and doesn't lie. Plus, he's majorly good looking.

But as they stray from friendship into more intimate territory, Maggie is left to wonder... Can love ever be so simple?

***

Love Like This

~ a badboy romance following Closer to You's Parker Larson ~

[18+]

[Closer to You spin off • If you plan on reading the Closer to You series, I recommend reading that first, as this story contains MAJOR spoilers... but CAN BE READ AS STAND ALONE]

***

Parker Larson should've made something of himself. His family is overbearingly supportive, his older brothers are successful, and his parents have never thrown him out, despite years of putting up with his theft and addiction.

Out of rehab and trying his hand at a normal life, Parker gets a position as a janitor over at the local elementary school. It's not much but it at least pays for an apartment so he doesn't have to bum off his parents or his best friends, the Carter-Lewis family, any more.

That is until he meets Summer, the young, perky pre-school teacher. Like her name implies, Summer is practically walking sunshine. And for some reason, interested in Parker and his life story. Trying his best to keep his head down and get the job done, he finds himself enjoying Summer's flirty comments and seductive looks.

At least his job just got a whole lot more interesting.

Behind the scenes, Summer's life isn't all cupcakes and rainbows, either. Despite her colorful personality in her classroom, she's still suffering from a bad breakup and a nosy family. When she meets Parker, Summer is having trouble remembering who she is and what she wants in life. Being with him helps her to remember.

As the two get closer and battle their demons, Parker and Summer realize what it is that they've been missing all this time.

A love like this.

But is love enough when everything else threatens to tear them apart?

***

what do we think?!
let me know!
(also just as an FYI - I have no idea when I'll be beginning to publish these new ones! I really want to be able to update consistently which means pre-writing. I'm still finishing another story, The Truth About That Summer (check it out if you haven't!) and have some other projects going on. but I wanted to give you guys a look at what's to come!)