𝐈𝐈𝐈┃Reindeer Games

"Let him be an example," the God of Mischief speaks, pointing his scepter at the elder man, ready to execute him

"Let him be an example," the God of Mischief speaks, pointing his scepter at the elder man, ready to execute him. The blue light of the scepter grows before charging at the man. Just in time, Captain America jumps down and blocks off the blast with his shield. The blast goes back to Loki, knocking him to the ground and he looks up at the hero.

"You know," Steve begins as he steps down, "the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing." Standing in the middle of the crowd, a few civilians follow his lead and slowly get up from kneeling.

"The soldier," Loki mocks as he stands up, "the man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time."

Hunter steers the Quinjet above Steve. Besides him, Natasha switches a small lever which makes a machine gun appear from the jet's bottom.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down," Natasha demands. Moving fast as greased lightning, Loki shoots another blast to the Quinjet. Hunter acts fast, maneuvering right on time. Steve sees his opportunity as Loki's too distracted, and he throws his shield at the man. The shield bounces against his armor as Steve runs towards him, catching the shield out of the air and sending his fist to his face. Loki's head turns back, raising his scepter. He firstly hits the shield before taking another shot and hitting the soldier in the stomach. Steve lands on the floor, panting as he lanches the shield again, but Loki swats it away and knocks him to the floor. Before he can stand up, the scepter is pointed at his head.

"Kneel."

"Not today," Steve answers, jumping up and hitting the god with his leg.

"The guy's all over the place," Natasha tells Hunter as they both watch Loki throw him to the ground once more.

"Agent Romanoff," a male voice sounds through the speakers of the Quinjet, "you miss me?" A song takes over the man's voice, blasting through the speakers. Hunter can see Natasha sigh and he turns his head to the left-sided window. Both Steve and Loki look up from their fight to find a light shooting through the air. An iron suit makes its way over to the two, a blast coming from its hands that knocks Loki to the floor. The Iron Man lands, his blasters pointed at the God who's now laying on the square's stairs as well as some other weaponry.

"Make your move, Reindeer Games." Steve joins him, both of them looking down at Loki, whose armor disappears and wisely surrenders. "Good move," the man says, lowering his arms and putting his weapons away.

"Mr Stark," Steve greets shortly.

"Captain."

After loading Loki into the Quinjet, they take off with Hunter and Natasha behind the wheel while Steve and the man in the iron suit, Tony Stark, keep an eye on the black-haired god.

"Is he saying anything?" Director Nick asks through the coms.

"Not a word," Natasha answers.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

"Copy that," Hunter speaks up. 

Steve turns from Loki to Tony. "I don't like it," he whispers.

"What," Tony asks, "Rock of Ages giving up so easily?"

"I don't remember it being that easy." He glances back. "This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow," Tony says, turning his head towards Steve. "What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things doing time as a Capsicle." They look at each other for a while, not speaking a word.

"Thanks," Steve responds, "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

"Tell me about it," Hunter mumbles quietly, receiving a glance from the woman beside him. Her head snaps back when thunder rumbles, making the Quinjet shake violently.

"Where is this coming from?" Natasha mutters under her breath. Hunter glances up at the window above him, watching the lightning strike across the sky. Steve and Tony follow his gaze, the three of them looking back at Loki who watches the thunder intensely. 

"What's the matter?" Steve asks, "Are you scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki tells. The thunder keeps growling, lightning keeps shooting through the air and suddenly, something hits the Quinjet from above which makes it jerk. Tony and Steve grab their helmets as Natasha tries to keep the jet straight. Hunter looks over his shoulder, watching Tony open the back. He's about to step out, to take a quick look, when an armored man jumps inside and throws Tony into Steve with his hammer. Hunter reaches for his gun as the man holds Loki by his throat, dragging him to the ramp. Struggling to unleash his seatbelt, the two of them already jumped out before he had a chance to aim his gun. Natasha looks back in confusion while Tony gets up from the floor.

"Now there's that guy," he notices.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha questions.

"That guy's friendly?" Steve asks as he pushes himself back to his feet.

Hunter takes place in the front seat. "Would a nice guy take a prisoner without consent?"

"Doesn't matter," Tony responds, "if he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." He makes his way towards the opening.

"Stark!" Steve calls out, "we need a plan of attack!"

"I have a plan. Attack." And with those words, Tony flies out of the Quinjet. Steve sighs in frustration and grabs one of the parachutes.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha suggests, looking back at him shortly. 

"I don't see how I can."

"These guys come from legends," she tells, "they're basically gods."

"There's only one God, ma'am," Steve returns, grabbing his shield, "and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." He turns towards the ramp as he attaches his shield to his arm before he follows.

"Ma'am, huh?" Hunter teases, scanning Natasha's face. Exhaling loudly, her mouth curving into a small smile as she rolls her eyes at him.

"Watch your mouth, Black."

"Yes ma'am."

She responds to his teasing with a punch.