𝐗𝐈𝐕┃The Victory

"I can close it!" Natasha calls out

"I can close it!" Natasha calls out. Hunter looks up at the Stark Tower, noticing the disruption in the beam that leads up to the portal. "Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down."

"Do it!" Steve tells her loudly.

"No, wait!" Tony exclaims.

"Stark, these things are still coming."

"I got a nuke incoming," he tells the Captain, "it's gonna blow in less than a minute." The man stays silent before speaking up: "And I know just where to put it."

"Stark," Steve calls, "you know that's a one-way trip." Tony doesn't answer him and Hunter spots the iron suit in the air. 

The Iron Man pushes up the tip of the missile when coming close to the Tower, leading it towards the portal. He increases the power on his thrusters, flying even faster before both the suit and nuke disappear into the entrance of the portal. 

"Way to go, Stark," Hunter exhales, lowering his head as he jogs through the streets, making his way towards the others. He expects him to make a sarcastic or smugging comment, but the comms stay strangely quiet. "Anyone eyes on Stark?"

"No."

A sudden outcry makes him snap out of his focus and the agent turns around in a swift move. He finds one of the Chitauri Soldiers not far away from him, leaping at him. Rapidly, he takes out one of his pistols. Before he can aim at the creature and even take a shot, it drops dead before his feet. "What the-" he mutters to himself.

"Come on Stark," he hears Natasha whisper. He looks back up to the sky, watching as aliens plummet to the ground but still no sign of the iron suit. 

"Close it."

"Wait!" He takes a run towards the tower. "He hasn't made it out yet!"

"Do it," Steve commands, ignoring the agent. Hunter watches as the beacon disappears, creating a small blast of light before the portal slowly closes. Right before it closes completely, he spots a figure falling from the sky. The sunlight reflects from its casing and Hunter lets out a sigh in relief. "Son of a gun," Steve breaths out. From Hunter's point of view, the suit drops out of sight, causing the man to continue his way. 

"He's not slowing down!" Thor announces. He turns around the corner, spotting the blond man and the god. Both men stare up into the sky and Thor rapidly spins his hammer, ready to fly up and catch Tony before he can hit the ground. Only the Hulk is sooner and he jumps down from a near building, catching him mid-air. The green creature descends from the building holding the limp suit and uses his other arm to lower their speed. A few feet above the ground, he kicks his body away from the building. As the two men dive through the air, the Hulk spins in the air, making sure he's at the bottom and Tony on top to make sure he doesn't take a hit as they crash into a car. The other three watch from below and make their way towards the two when they hit the ground. 

"Is he breathing?" Hunter inquires. Thor flips the iron suit over and Steve rips the mask off, hovering his ear right above the man's face. He pulls back, not answering, and they all look down in defeat. Well, all but the Hulk. The green giant balls his fists before roaring in fury, which makes Tony wake up with a gasp. Steve lets out a sigh of relief and the Hulk lets out another roar, hitting his chest with his fist. 

"What the hell?" Tony exclaims, panting, "what just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me." A chuckle leaves Hunter's lips.

"We won," Steve tells him after a moment of silence and Tony drops his head in satisfaction. 

"Alright yay," he blurts out, tapping his hand on the ground, "hurray. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day... Have you ever tried shawarma?" Hunter snorts at his question and even Steve can't help but chuckle slightly. "There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here," he continues, "I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

"We're not finished yet," Thor says in response, glaring up at the Stark Tower.

"And then shawarma after," Tony compromises.

"Whatever you say," Hunter snickers and he holds out his hand for him to grab. He pulls the man in the iron suit to his feet.

"Care to pick me and Selvig up, Stark and Thor?" Tony mutters an answer as he tries to get his jets to work again.

"On our way, Romanoff." He takes off before Thor, who follows shortly after. "We'll meet you back in the Tower."

"The Tower better have an elevator," Hunter mumbles to himself as he, Steve, and the Hulk start walking again. Not much time later, they are being joined by Clint. The archer exits the building to their right and joins the group as they make their way toward the tower.

As they arrive at the Tower, Hunter can see a group of people gathered inside. All probably there because of the shelter. Silence falls as the three heroes enter the building, who stop in their tracks when the crowd stares at them in awe. All of the sudden, the citizens give a round of applause as they step away in respect, creating a path towards the elevator. 

"Is this how it felt in the old days?" Clint questions Steve.

"I don't know," Steve admits loudly, "I wasn't there when the war ended."

"Take it all in, old man," Hunter tells him, patting the Captain on the back, "this is for us." A smile appears on Steve's face as he leads the way towards the elevator, nodding as a token of gratitude. Both Hunter and Clint follow him from behind. 

He had completed missions in the past, but he was never thanked like this before.

The two of them enter the elevator to find The Hulk still at the entrance. The green man looks around in confusion as the applauding slowly fades. His eyes dart across the lobby, at the nervous faces around him, and he turns back around. 

"Hulk!" Steve calls out, but the creature bursts outside and leaps into the air. 

"He'll meet us upstairs," Clint guesses, pressing the buttons. The door closes in front of them and opens a few moments later, at the top floor. Right when they step out, the remaining three heroes land on the floor's balcony, shortly followed by the Hulk. Neither of them says a word, they only communicate by Natasha's gesturing towards the black-haired god.

Loki crawls up the short stairway before coming to a halt. He takes a few breaths before turning around, coming face to face with The Avengers. 

Clint raises his bow, aiming an arrow at his face while the others stand around him.

"If it's all the same to you," Loki exhales, "I'll have that drink now."