𝐗┃Earth's Mightiest Heroes

The Quinjet approaches the Stark Tower and Natasha turns on the communications of Iron Mans' suit

"Stark," she speaks up, "we're on your three, headed northeast."

"What? Did you stop for drive-through?"

"I'm sorry," she tells, "Agent Black was taking so long with picking his outfit."

"Funny," Hunter responds and she can't help but smile.

"Well, swing up," Tony calls, "I'm going to lay them out for you." A red blur flies past them, followed by some unknown flying vehicles that fire blue beams at the blur. Clint steers the jet, following the group of creatures as they speed after Tony, and Natasha takes out the jets machine gun. Circling around the Tower, the machine gun fires at the alien army, hitting a few in its path.

"Nat?" Clint points at his left and all heads turn to the window. They find Thor and Loki on the balcony, fighting.

"I see him," she answers and he turns. Loki spots them and he throws his brother to the ground, pointing the scepter at the Quinjet. Natasha fires, but before she can hit him, he hits them with a blast of energy. The jet shakes violently, the left-wing catching fire before it spreads to the turbine. Both Hunter and Steve hold onto the metal handles above their heads as Clint tries to land, as smooth as it can get with one turbine left. Which he manages, as the Quinjet slams into the street without exploding. Natasha and Clint unfasten their seatbelts, while Hunter and Steve stand straight. The ramp gets opened and the group runs out to the main road.

"We got to get back up there," Steve shouts above the loud noises of car alarms and screaming civilians. The four of them run in the direction of Stark Tower but come to a halt when arriving at the Grand Central Terminal. A shadow falls upon them, making them look up at the massive portal above the Tower. One of Chitauri's enormous creatures flies down from the portal, making its way towards the Metro Station. It knocks down the Station's clock and statue, releasing Chitauri Soldiers as it glides through the air.

The Soldiers jump to the surrounding buildings, sliding down to the ground while others jump in, firing their weapons at innocent people.

"Stark?" Steve questions, "are you seeing this?"

"Seeing, still working on believing." They spot the man in the air, following the giant creature. "Where's Banner?" he suddenly asks, "has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted." He disappears again, and the group of four finds shelter behind some taxis. Hunter takes a gun from the holster attached to his belt as the others ready their weapon too, looking around anxiously.

"We've got civilians still trapped up here," Clint reports. They look up as one of the alien vehicles zooms past closely, carrying a familiar passenger.

"Loki," Steve notices. Hunter glances from beside the taxi, noticing how often Loki fires compared to his allies. The beams of energy hit multiple cars in their way, all exploding with one hit. "They're fish in a barrel down there." The captain is being interrupted as the car window beside his head shatters, making him duck down as they get surrounded by a troop. Natasha gets up from her knees, firing her pistols, and Clint crawls towards another taxi to find cover.

"We got this," she tells Steve, "it's good. Go." The man hesitates, turning his attention to the archer.

"Do you think you can hold them off?"

"Captain," Clint begins, pulling a trigger on his bow and an arrow gets prepared, "it would be my genuine pleasure." In a swift move, he grabs an arrow from its quiver and shoots it through one of the aliens' heads. He gains Steve some time as the creatures turn their attention to him, and Steve immediately jumps off the bridge. Landing on a bus with a shoulder roll, he runs down the buses' roof as he dodges the Chitauri's firing. Just as he leaps down, the bus explodes behind him and flips a car in its progress. Making it look easy, Steve makes a front flip down by pushing his feet off the car's roof and lands safely on the concrete ground.

While the Captain takes off, Natasha and Hunter hold off the Chitauri army as Clint runs over to a bus full of people. Parents hand him their children through the window for him to bring them to safety as others try to crawl out themselves. After setting down some of the kids, he pulls open the dimpled door and people get out, fleeing the scene, and Clint joins the other two again.

"Just like Budapest all over again," Natasha exclaims to him.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," he reacts.

"What happened in Budapest?!" 

"Not now, Black!" Clint makes a Chitauri Soldier trip as he swings his bow against the beings' legs, ramming an arrow in its throat, while Natasha gets her hands on one of their Energy Rifles. As he moves from his spot, one of the soldiers tackles and slams him into the ground. Hunter reloads his gun after shooting one through the head, spotting the man on the floor.

"Barton!" he shouts. Clint tries to hold the creature off with his bow as he lifts his head, drawing his attention to the agent. "get down!" Pulling his bow away, the alien falls on top of him and roars, revealing its monstrous features. He scrunches his face in disgust at the beings face when a foot appears, kicking the Chitauri away. Taking the man's hand, he gets to his feet, about to thank Hunter when the Soldier cries at them. Before either of them can ready their weapon, it jumps at them. The two of them duck out of its way, both hearing the blasting sound of the Chitauri's weapon and out of reflex, they make another roll. Laying flat on his back, Hunter spots the red hair of Natasha in a cloud of smoke. 

"You're welcome!" she shouts out, stickfighting the rest of them. Clint jumps up as more arrive, running towards one of the soldiers and sliding past it as he shoots an arrow in its back. The other agent stumbles to his feet, taking out his gun as one of the creatures comes dangerously close. Before either he or the Chitauri can make a shot, a figure dressed in blue appears beside them, whacking the alien soldier away.