𝐗𝐈𝐗┃HYDRA's Weapons

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys," Hunter hears Natasha call from both beside him and his earpiece and he turns his head towards the redhead

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys," Hunter hears Natasha call from both beside him and his earpiece and he turns his head towards the redhead. Their eyes meet for a split second until the moment gets ruined. A blast hits the three not far behind the two and the two duck down. From the corner of their eyes, they notice Clint getting up from behind the affected tree. The archer draws his bow and shoots one of his special arrows towards another bunker, the brick structure collapsing with a controlled explosion.

"Yeah," he hears Clint say in his ear, "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait a second," Tony interjects, "no one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?"

"I know," Steve answers, the rumbling of a motorcycle sounding through his speech, followed by the sound of a crashing vehicle. Only a second later, a panting voice speaks up, saying: "just slipped out."

"It sure did, old man," Hunter snorts as he gets back to his feet. He scans the area before he walks over to Natasha, offering his hand to help her up. She barely gets the time to get up from the ground when it starts raining bullets again, and her grasp on the other Avenger's hand tightens. 

"The city is taking fire," JARVIS announces to the group of heroes.

"Well, we know Strucker's not gonna worry about civilian casualties," Tony sighs, "send in the Iron Legion." Not long after his order, Hunter and Natasha look up to find a horde of iron suits zooming over the trees. 

"We should go," Hunter suggests. He looks back down at the woman in front of him, who nods in approval. 

"Yeah, stop swooning over each other, we are far from finished!" Natasha turns her eyes away from the black-haired agent to a figure behind him and Hunter follows her gaze to the archer that stands a couple of feet away from them. Narrowing her eyes at her best friend, she clenches her fist and a blue glow forms around her wrist. But then a projectile hits a tree not far away from the duo, screwing up Natasha's plan. And in a blink of an eye, literally, Clint has disappeared.

Hunter clears his throat, snapping her out of what she would call her Black-Widow-Mode. Natasha's eyes dart away from the spot where Clint was last seen to Hunter's face. He lowers his eyes and hers follow, detecting the drained color of Hunter's skin around where her hand is placed and she releases her firm grip. 

"Sorry." And then it starts raining bullets, and the two are forced to move. They start running in the direction of where the archer disappeared, and soon they spot his quiver between the trees. Clint vanishes behind a tree as the rain of bullets starts again, taking an arrow from his back and he aims his bow at the armed bunker in front of him. Hunter watches as he lets go of the string, the arrow flying towards its target. Before it can reach its destination, it disappears into a blurred streak. A frown appears on Clint's face, the man's brain running at full speed to try and process what just happened. In frustration, he snatches another arrow from his quiver and steps away from the tree to draw his bow again, but is knocked over by a speedy figure. Out of thin air, a man appears. From his point of view, Hunter can't get a clear image of his face, but the platinum blond hair stands out.