𝐗𝐕𝐈┃The Reunion

After a moment of silence, the two agents are still seated outside when the calm air around them fills with the loud noise of a helicopter's rotors

After a moment of silence, the two agents are still seated outside when the calm air around them fills with the loud noise of a helicopter's rotors. Both cover their eyes as dust flies around them and the helicopter lowers to the ground. With the engine still running, one of the doors opens and what seems to be the pilot pokes his head out. He yells something unintelligible at the woman beside Hunter, who does seem to understand what the man is yelling about. She answers with a nod before getting up and opening the front door to the Shawarma shop.

"Time to go!" she calls to the others. Turning on her heels and keeping her head low, she makes her way towards the helicopter. Following her example, Hunter rushes to his feet. He jumps into the back as Natasha takes place in the front seat, putting on a pair of headphones. They watch as the other Avengers dash out and join them inside. 

Well, everyone besides Thor.

"There's not enough room for the six of us," he yells, his the sound of his booming above the engine, "I will meet you on the flying ship!" Before anyone can protest, he lets his hammer take him away.

"You heard the god," Tony shouts to the pilot, "go!" After Clint closes the door, the pilot takes off, and everyone sits back. They watch silently as the helicopter ascends and flies away, leaving the destruction of New York behind them. "Now that the job's done," Tony breaks the silence with a question, "what are the plans?"

"Catching up with time," Steve answers without hesitation, "I needed a moment to recover from the fact that I was stuck in ice for over seventy years. And when I felt ready to explore the world once again, Director Fury showed up at my doorstep." The blond man turns his head away from the window. "What about you, Stark?"

"Examing the tower's damage," the billionaire shrugs, "and fixing it before someone else decides to take over the Earth."

"What could possibly be worse than a literal god?" Steve questions.

"Don't jinx it, Captain," Tony warns. "Romanoff? Barton?" he continues to ask, "what are your plans?"

"Just taking it easy," Natasha returns from the front seat, "until Fury needs me back."

"Which is probably anytime soon," the archer adds.

"Black?"

Hunter picks up a short glimpse of the Helicarrier before diverting his attention away from the glass. "Nothing exciting," he replies shortly, which causes him to get interviewed by the curious man Tony Stark is.

The helicopter lands with a bump and Tony quickly scrambles to his feet. "But you do have plans?"

"Back off, Stark."

"What?" he blinks, "are you defending your boyfriend now?" The doors slide open, revealing a pissed-off Natasha Romanoff. "I'm sorry."

"Good," she nods and steps away from the door, letting him out. She then turns back around and walks towards the main door, where Thor is already waiting. She's soon being followed by the others and even Tony, though he keeps his safe distance, and uses her security card to unlock the door. 

"I have never seen this man so quiet," Steve whispers hard enough for the man himself to hear it as they walk through the empty hallways.

"Very funny, Rogers," he reacts, "threatening is an offense, you know?" Nobody gives a response, all of them are very much laughing to themselves. Tony rolls his eyes, "Nice to know that even my team makes fun of me."

"This isn't your team," Clint snorts.

Steve adds: "Never was." 

They arrive at the main direction room, recognized by the automatic doors, and walk inside to be greeted by the applauding of S.H.I.E.L.Ds staff. 

Above all the clapping, Hunter can faintly catch a voice, but it isn't one he recognizes. A blond woman scurries up the stairs, practically flying into Tony's arms.

"I'm fine," he assures, kissing the woman on her head. She backs away, giving his arm a swing, and Tony pulls his arms back. "Hey!"

"Don't lie to me," she cries out, "I saw what you did."

"So what?" he calls out in response, "I saved New York!"

"You could have died!"

"About that..."

"You and I-" she starts, but falls silent after taking in his words, "what?!"

"I will catch you up later," Tony stops her and he leads her back to the group. "Let me introduce you to the team. You already met Agent Romanoff."

"I have," the blonde nods, "hi." Natasha sends the woman a smile as an answer.

"I'm guessing you are already familiar with Captain Rogers," he continues. "And here we have the god himself, Thor." The woman, who Hunter thinks is either his girlfriend or wife, watches as Tony introduces her to the rest of the group. "And this is Agent Hunter Black," he finishes.

"Ah," she reacts, "so that little sweetheart is yours?" Tony frowns and opens his mouth to talk, but gets interrupted by a voice Hunter knows too well.

"Daddy!" All heads turn towards the little girl that runs up the stairs. She pushes herself between Tony and the blonde to make her way towards her dad, who lifts her off the ground and squeezes her into a tight hug.

"Who expected that?" Tony exclaims. Ella turns her head away from her father and glances between the other Avengers, but her eyes fixate on the only female in the group.

 "I did," Natasha reveals and her eyes meet the blue ones of the child in front of her.

"Of course the spy knows." 

Ignoring the man, she smiles at the little girl. "What's your name?"

"Ella."

"That's a pretty name."

"You're pretty," Ella blurts out and Natasha looks back at Hunter in surprise, who just stares at her sheepishly. 

Sending the girl a warm smile again, she responds, "Thank you, Ella. I think you're pretty too." The blunt toddler now turns a shade of pink and hides her face in Hunter's shoulder, making the woman even smile harder. "She's a little charmer, " Natasha smirks, "did she get that from you?"

"Oh, she did," another voice speaks up. A senior woman walks up the stairs as she holds back an overly enthusiastic pittie, also being followed by Director Fury and Agent Hill. "He has been one since he could barely speak."

"Really?" Nick questions, raising his eyebrow, "why did I never-"

"Alright, that's enough," Hunter interrupts, "we are going home."

"If your home is still there," Maria adds, "New York is largely damaged." From the corner of his eyes, Hunter can see that Tony tries to stop his girlfriend from talking but fails miserably. 

"You are more welcome to stay with us for the time being," she says, "right Tony?" 

He faintly mumbles something unintelligible, so his girlfriend gives him a slight push. "Alright," he repeats, now talking loud enough for the others to hear him. Hunter raises an eyebrow at him, making the billionaire speak up again to defend himself, "I was only kidding! Besides, Doctor Banner is staying with us too."

"You didn't tell me."

"I did now. But he's more than welcome, right Pepper?"

"Of course he is," the woman, Pepper, answers with a smile. "Well, if you excuse me," she continues, "I need to arrange some things before going back to DC. I will see the five of you later." She gives Tony a quick kiss before walking out, as Tony glances around.

"Five- The dog is coming too?!"

"Yes, the dog is coming too," she calls back, "you need more responsibility!"

"Bold of you to assume I had responsibility in the first place."