𝐈𝐗┃Phil's Belief

"Glad you could join us," Nick calls out as Hunter enters the Briefing Room

"Glad you could join us," Nick calls out as Hunter enters the Briefing Room. He sends the Director an angry look, but it doesn't seem to bother the man at all. "Why don't you save that anger for the fight?"

"You want a fight?" Hunter questions, walking up to him, "because so do I."

"Stand down, Agent," Nick commands, "that's an order."

"I don't take orders from the man who's responsible for the death of Phil Coulson!" Seeing Nick's blank face, he takes a step back, chuckling. "You aren't even denying it." He turns his head around, facing Steve and Tony. "Phil was his right-hand," he exclaims, pointing at the director, "your right-hand!"

"Gather your emotions and put them away as you were taught."

"He was a man that followed you around everywhere you go just to have your back," Hunter continues, ignoring Nick's comment, "and this is how you repay him?"

"You don't know what you are talking about," Nick snaps, "we were under attack! While you and Agent Romanoff were after Barton, the rest of Loki's human army attacked. Phil Coulson was the only one who dared to go after Loki, and that bravery cost him his life." His dark eyes spit fire, piercing through the Agents soul. "Now sit down and get your shit together!" he orders.

A few moments later, both Nick and Hunter have calmed their minds, even though the tension between the two of them is still visible. "We're dead in the air up here," Nick announces, "our communications, the location of the Cube, Banner, Thor... I got nothing for you." He glances shortly at Hunter, who keeps avoiding eye contact. "I lost my one good eye," he continues, "maybe I had that coming." He stands straight, roaming around the table. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal weapon with the Tesseract," he admits, "I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier." The director wanders behind Steve. "There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could." He turns his eye from Steve to Tony and finishes: "Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea... In heroes." Tony gets up before he's even finished, walking off. "Well, it's an old-fashioned notion." Hunter waits for him to continue his 'pep talk', but the continuation doesn't come so the man stands up and leaves the room as well. 

Not knowing where to go, the agent strolls around the Helicarrier. Memories flood through his mind as his mind wanders off, and he almost bumps into Steve. 

"Wow," Steve calls, "you're alright?"

"I am fine," Hunter answers, shaking the memories away and he catches a glimpse of Steve's colored outfit, "what's going on?"

"We know where Loki is heading," he tells, "I am trying to find Agent Romanoff."

"She's in the Medical Room," he states, "where is Stark?"

"He's already on his way," Steve reports, "I am going to get Agent Romanoff. You get changed. We will meet you by the Quinjet." Hunter gives the man a short nod and Steve turns back around, walking in the direction of the Medical Wing. Hunter however doesn't move as quickly as the Captain. It takes him a moment to figure out where they have been storing his stuff for the past two years before he finally jogs into the direction of the equipment rooms. 

The equipment room is dark as he arrives, probably as dark as the day he left, but still filled till the very last inch. If it wasn't for S.H.I.E.L.Ds way of storing, it would probably take him hours, maybe even days, to go through all boxes. And luckily for Hunter, that is one of the things he hasn't forgotten. Almost instantly, he finds a crate with the initials 'H.B'. Only the crate is filled with only his suit, although it makes sense that they would store his weapons somewhere safe. Taking the suit out, he closes the lid of the box and squirms himself in a small but open spot. 

"What is taking him so long?" Steve mutters under his breath a few minutes later, pacing through the Quinjet where he, Natasha, and Clint are waiting, "we don't have time for this."

"Maybe he gained weight," Clint jokes, fidgeting the arrow in his hand as he's seated on the pilots' seat, "can't fit into the suit anymore." Steve lets out a sigh. 

"He'll come," Natasha says, glancing from Steve to the Aircraft Port. "In fact," she continues, standing straight, "he's already here." The two men turn their heads to the back of the jet. Dressed into a body-hugging black suit, the agent makes his way towards them. 

"Ready to go?" Steve asks him as he enters the Quinjet.

"Probably as ready as I can be," Hunter tells, closing the ramp behind him before he turns back to the trio. "Welcome back," he speaks to Clint, who gives him a short nod as he puts on a pair of headphones. 

"Let's go," the Captain calls as he stands beside Clint, who turns on the jet's engine, while Natasha's eyes flash over Hunter's outfit. 

"Are you checking me out, Agent Romanoff?" he teases. She rolls her eyes in return.

"Keep dreaming, Agent Black," she comments, joining Agent Barton in the cockpit.