𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈┃Three Years Later

It had only been three years, Hunter thinks, three years since the formation of The Avengers, beating their first common enemy

It had only been three years, Hunter thinks, three years since the formation of The Avengers, beating their first common enemy... And here he is now, in Sokovia.

From the front seat of the jeep, he fires his ammunition at the soldiers of HYDRA, while Clint shoots his arrows from the back and Natasha tries to steadily drive them through the snowy forests. The air is thick of bullets and shells, as well as the lasers of weaponized robot drones, and the female avenger smoothly maneuvers through them. The three get a hand from Tony, whose Iron Suit flies in front of the car in order to clear the way, and Thor, who takes down the vehicle of HYDRA that pulled up from behind.

After pulling out its shooter, the god makes his way towards the nearby Outpost, knocking down a few of HYDRA's men as well as their robotic machines. From below, Steve pulls up on his motorcycle and takes one of HYDRA's guards for a ride by dragging the man around by his leg, before throwing him against a tree. The Captain then reaches for the shield on his back, pulling it away from its magnetic holder and letting it bounce between the bad guys. Jumping down the hill with his bike, he catches the shield when another one of HYDRA's pick-up trucks approaches him. The sudden arrival makes the Captain pull his steer, making his motorbike drift, but luckily for him, the others appear pretty quick. Thor crashes down into the front of the vehicle, making it leap up for Tony to blow it on fire, and the Hulk takes the remaining piece to wreck it. 

With one car gone, another one containing Clint, Hunter, and Natasha pulls up, followed by a handful of soldiers. But with the seven Avengers making their way towards the border, those agents don't stand a chance.

The Hulk smashes his way through the guards, Thor and Tony clear the sky of the robot drones, Steve jumps his bike over the barbed wire, and the remaining three agents leap out of the jeep as it drives into the barrier.

If life was a movie, this would be a badass scene, Hunter thinks to himself. 

He snaps out of his thought as he lands on the ground, right in front of an Agent. He quickly lifts up his foot, hooking it around the man's leg and bringing him to the ground. In a swift move, he pulls the helmet off his head and lets his fist collide with his face. In all of the chaos around him, with the other two agents fighting the remaining soldiers alongside the blond god, Hunter looks up to find Steve and Tony on their way to clear the road towards the base's main building.

"Black!" He turns his head towards the voice but instead of a face, he meets the barrel of a gun. About to reach for the knife in his holster, blue sparkles appear in front of him. The sparks crawl over the masked agent and his body stiffens before sinking to the soil, revealing the redhead behind him. He's about to thank her when her face suddenly drops, making the man reach down for the knife he was gonna use a few seconds ago. 

But to Natasha's surprise, he waits as the HYDRA Soldier approaches him and the barrel once again meets his head. In a reflex, the female agent lifts up her arm, the band around her wrist glowing blue as the taser powers up. 

"Do not move!" the masked man growls at her. 

"What do you think you're doing, Black?!" she hisses at her colleague. 

"Nothing," he exclaims with an innocent tone in his voice as he winks back at her. Taken aback by his conflicting reaction, she watches as the knife turns in his hand. And in a blink, Hunter has launched the knife into the man's arm, who drops the rifle in pain and the Avenger kicks it away from his reach before pulling the knife back out. The HYDRA Soldier stumbles to the ground, clutching his arm as he tries to crawl away from the scene. Hunter wipes the knife clean on his suit as he speaks. "I give you ten seconds to run," he starts as he slowly turns back around, "or I'll do to you what you failed to do to me." The soldier freezes at his words, before getting back on his feet and dashing between the trees, and the black-haired agent lets out a chuckle.

"You weren't actually going to kill him, right?" Natasha wonders.

"Maybe," he admits, "who knows?"

His colleague opens her mouth to speak, but gets interrupted by a curse word in her earpeace.

"Shit!"

"Language," Steve calls out, "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," the A.I. explains, "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's sceptre must be here," Thor tells, "Strucker couldn't mount his defence without it... At long last. "

Meanwhile, the three remaining Avengers slowly make their way towards the central building while taking down some of HYDRA's armed bunkers and jeeps. As Clint and Natasha distract the soldiers by taking the ones down that try to defend their shelters, Hunter slips inside to take down the man who's in control of the machine gun. 

With bated breath, he sneaks towards the unknowing man and when the man's in his reach, he places his hand on the back of his helmet before launching it against the gun. With a grunt, the soldier turns around and takes a handgun from his holdster. He aims it at Hunter's head, who, in a sudden movement, launches his fist against his lower arm. The man lets out a yelp as the fist collides with his limb, and Hunter to himself thinks he hears his bone crack. But he doesn't let his thought stop him, and he snatches the gun from the man's hands before he can come back to his senses. The Avenger withdraws his hand, making another fist which he strikes against the stomach. The soldier doubles over, another faint grunt coming from his mask, and Hunter decides to end the fight by letting his knee meet the head. And with his last move, the man crashes to the floor and Hunter lets out a breath he's been holding since the start.