Chapter 20 - Part 2

"Oh! What a splendid day!" Yiv'e giggled like a little girl. The woman's bubbly personality radiated throughout the dining hall. Brothers looked at Lwora and Yiv'e with disgust as they sat, eating their sweetbuns and chickhog legs.

"What makes you say that?" Lwora asked groggily. She wasn't a morning person, but Yiv'e managed to build her enthusiasm each day. If it weren't for her overly exaggerated happy and sickenly sweet attitude, Lwora would have long quit the job, regardless of how much they paid. Lwora was two months Yiv'e's senior in the order.

"One of my fellow sisters from the Sanctuary will be applying today. Sister Ma've. She's a riot! You will definitely love her." The jolly woman giggled. He plump cheeks peeking through her hooded cloak. She still wore the headdress of a Sanctuary sister, something she never dared part of.

"Oh, really? Will the imperial advisor be reviewing her application as well?" Lwora asked curiously with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, indeed so. GrandMaster Imperial advisor Araya is such a Creator's sent. I do not know what I would have done if it wasn't for her. She's someone to look up to for certain. Don't you agree, sister Lwora?" Yiv'e's eyes gleamed with admiration as she took another bite of her sweet bun.

"I sure do. Araya is amazing, isn't she. And I'm sure Ma've will pass with flying colors."

"Oh, you think so? That would be a dream come true. Together again." She giggled. Yiv'e was part of a long forgotten Sanctuary in the east near the border. But a sudden reappropriation of the building by the Empire has left her and a few hundred other sisters, great healers, out of a place to practice. They, since, had migrated towards all the corners of the Empire to new sanctuaries and a few, like Yiv'e finding new careers in unexpected positions. Lwora heard of a few of Yiv'e's friends enrolling into the army as a battlefield healer. While the battlefield was not Yiv'e's place she did want to have a more active role in the community, other than just a healer and applied on a whim in the Disciplinary order, trying her luck, and luck was on her side. Araya took charge of reviewing the applicants to the order after she strong armed Councilman Ameral. He was so easily manipulated, it made Araya laugh. Just to get on her good side, to squeeze a few drops more of information, which, of course, was false. But he didn't know that. In order to make the order a more inclusive organ of the Empire she approved on the spot every female applicant, however, up until now there have been just the two of them.

Similar to Lwora, Yiv'e had been given another lower level quadron for the same exact reason; Cornelius wanted the miscreants of the lower level to rip them to shreds. But that had the exact opposite reaction. Yiv'e's bubbly personality and willingness to help had made her very popular and protected in the community. She often swapped ideas with Lwora on how to improve the lives of those under her protection. Although the order had the role of persecuting the sinners of Red Keep, these two women worked together with the guard and denizens to improve on the quality of life. It was a mission worth their while that brought them much joy and pleasure. And Lwora was eager to get a new sister in their ranks.

"So, what are your plans for today, sister Lwora."

"Just Lwora, please. The people tried to give me some money," She pulled the pouch out of her pocket. "See? It's not a lot, but it's all they have. So, I was hoping to get some chickhogs and raise them for the eggs in the communal garden we made."

"That's a wonderful idea! Let me accompany you today, sister Lwora. I think I will follow in your step and do the same. I know just the live stock merchant that will give us a nice discount!" Yiv'e collapsed her hands and giggled. "Girls day out!"

"Thank you, Yiv'e, I would love your company." Lwora gave her a genuine smile. "The discount will definitely help as well." she laughed.

"How disrespectful." A man with his hood covering his face said as he passed their table.