Chapter 3 - Part 3/4

[He had grown to like Master Rwoy, he wasn't as frightening as he was last night and felt the need to do him proud. He was determined to learn how to heal, or get as close as possible to it until he was strong enough.

I won't let someone else die while I just do nothing and watch, he vowed as he laid in his comfortable warm bed.]

The door slammed opened with a loud bang. Haiden jumped awake half naked quickly grabbing the blankets to cover himself.

"Rise and shine! Ready for a productive day of learning?" Master Rwory announced from the door.

"You fucking lunatic!" Haiden shouted, his heart hammering in his chest. Master Rwory entered his room without asking.

"Language!" he scowled.

"So much for knocking." Haiden rolled his eyes. "Can you give me a moment to get dressed?" he asked.

"Sure, go ahead."

"IN PRIVATE!" he shouted and pointed to the door. Master Rwory sighed and went for the door whispering something about both of them being men. If only he knew that, that's what actually scared Haiden. He quickly got dressed in his uniform and ushered Master Rwoy in.

"All decent, princess?" he mocked to which Haiden just flushed and nodded. "Good. Heat cloak, quick the two principles of the spell"

"To generate heat you need to increase the temperature of the motes in the air. To increase the temperature you imbue motes with energy making them change from a motionless state to an excited state." Haiden recited the book theory by heart - memorizing it wasn't the problem Haiden was facing, but actually understanding the concept.

"Good. Did you practice compartmentalizing your traumatic memories?" he asked at which Haiden nodded. "Let's see," he grunted as he sat on the floor with his legs crossed and patted the floor in front of him for Haiden to join him. The floor creaked as Haiden's weight shifted onto it, and once he made himself comfortable Master Rwoy began began. "I want you to extend your energy just beyond your body and try to feelf the motes in the air. Think of it as a second skin, expect to feel the motes, knowing they're there."

"Alright." Haiden closed his eyes. He felt his energy, the strong flowing river within himself. Static flowed through his body, tingling his skin as it moved to every inch of him. Concentrating hard on a heavy door, beyond which he placed the memory of Regor just as he practiced. Closing the door and locking it, the pain he once felt vanished. His shoulders felt light, his chest inhaled with ease like something had lifted off of it and the air tasted sweet again. He turned his thoughts back at his fios, at the task at hand. He did as Master Rwoy asked. He reached outwards with his fios, it was like it was a part of him. He pushed it through the air around him, he felt a slight resistance and as his fios passed he felt a multitude of minuscule specks of something. His brows furrowed.

"From your expression I'm guessing it worked." Master Rwoy said appreciatively. "What you're feeling are motes in the air, you will see that some just feel different than others. For more complicated spells you will have to learn which motes are which. But for this one just feeling them will suffice. Now, control the area of your fios and imbue energy into them. See it in your mind's eye and it will happen." Haiden did as he instructed, feeling the motes he imagined his energy, his fios entering the motes following the two principles he stated earlier.

"Shit!" Haiden yelped, and jumped to his feet. Master Rwoy laughed at Haiden's scorched hair tips.

"Whatcha laughing at?" he said embarrassed putting out the singed hair.