Chapter 25 - Part 1

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Screech yelled at the top of his lungs, trying uselessly to grasp at Haiden's face, only to pass through. Not even the tingling sensation of Fios nudged him from his deep sleep. Not only had Haiden spent most of last night talking with Screech but his intrusive t thoughts about Tasgal kept him from any shut eye.

The sun shined up in the sky beating down heavily on everything in sight. Many excited voices boomed throughout the grounds but none reached Haiden. Not even Screech's constant screaming. After a while he gave up and decided to try a more direct method and so Screech gathered all the energy he could spare. It wasn't a lot, there were very limited things he could do without being corporeal. He cursed his almost useless ethereal body and focused on one singular spot on Haiden's body that he knew would get an instant reaction. His crotch.

Screech giggled as he prepared his attack. "Suit you right." he told himself and coalesced the energy in a pinpoint where he knew his genitals were. An evil look took over his face as the moment of release came close. His deformed features scrunched up in a grimace-like smile.

Before he knew it a force blast released reaching the point of no return. It hit Haiden with the force of a slap right in his jewels making him bolt off the bed in a panic jump.

"What the fuck was that!?" He yelped, sprawled on the floor. Pain came with seconds of delay, his face twisting with a knowing realization as he grabbed his genitals and began to moan and grunt. He crawled up into a ball rocking back and forth. "Fuck!" His voice pitched high.

Finally Screech said, his expended energy had been too great even for such a small spell. He could no longer hold a shape and resided within Haiden's mind.

"Screech. You. Did. This?" He asked between breaths, the pain began to make its way up his abdomen.

No matter who or what did it. Quick. You're late. The trial. He urged.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck!" Haiden ignored the pain and jumped to his feet in panic. He got dressed in a rush, unsure if he had his breeches backwards or not but it did not matter. His stomach rumbled as he ran towards the gardens where Headmistress Helena told them to meet.

He spotted Camila and Maree looking around worried at the entrance and dashed to them.

"Where have you been! It's about to start!" Camila grabbed his hand and sighed exhausted, dragging him towards a small group of his classmates that was led by Rwoy.

"We looked everywhere for your ass!" Maree rushed after them. "Haiden, why are you walking so weird?"

"Sorry I overslept." Haiden said ashamed, ignoring Maree's question.

"Asleep?" Maree's mouth was agape. "We banged on that door for the better of a half an hour!"

"Incredible!" Camila said in disbelief. They quickly settled in the back of the group. Haiden was trying to catch his breath.

"Good for you three to finally join." Master Rwoy said with his back at them. Camila jabbed Haiden in the ribs and he mouthed another apology. "Now, settle down. It's about to begin,"

Haiden looked around, his gaze bouncing off familiar faces in the group of Wielders confirming who passed the first Trial. Six out of seven, he counted: Bras, Malticia, Nolan, Justinia, Maree and himself.

"Is this it?" he leaned and whispered to Maree. Camila already had left to join the audience.

"Yeah, not a lot of people cared enough to join. You know, they already have wealth and rank."

"Right. What about them then?" He cocked his head towards the others.

"It's quite simple. Malticia wants to prove to everyone that she's the best, as always. Justinia just got dragged into this mess by Malticia. Look at her; she's about to cry. Poor mindless girl. She can barely send a force blast straight. Nolan said she wanted to test how much she had improved. That's quite an admirable reason, if I'm being honest. Brave but still dimwitted; the other day after Master Coner's class she poked herself with a Gern needle, knocking her out in a heartbeat. Look, you can still see her head bump." Maree laughed. "And then there's Bras, who wants to pummel you into the ground erasing all traces of your existence."