Chapter 14

Your body jerked back into Lucifer's chest as the bullet hit you right in the upper right chest. Lucifers arms quickly wrapped around you as he helped you lay on the floor. You weren't sure the exact location of the bullet, the pain was almost blinding. You heard yelling as you saw a man and Chloe kneeling on top of the gunman, who was thrashing and yelling stuff you couldn't make out over the crowd.

"NIBBLE, I WILL HEAL YOU-"

"Not yet, people probably already saw the blood splatter out." You grunted through clenched teeth.

"What is the plan now?" Lucifer asked, his hands applying pressure to the wound.

"I am just-ah- winging it at the moment."

------------------------------------

Irritation and pain.

That is what you were experiencing for many different reasons. After the panic of the shot, obviously someone would call 911 and report a shooter and victim. This would mean the possibility of going to a hospital and receiving treatment. This option wouldn't be that bad if you didn't host an alien in your body. You did not feel like calling Eddie at 9pm on a night you knew he would be working or he would be passed out from a days work.

You watched Lucifer argue with Chloe and a EMT while Ella, and the paramedic were with you. Linda had to leave and honestly, you felt jealous of her. You were moved to sit up while the paramedic inspected you. Chloe and the EMT argued to take you to the hospital while Lucifer argued it would not be necessary.

The pain of having someone mess with a wound that could be healed easily and listening to the back and forth of an argument was really making the experience worse than it was.

"You are very lucky. It seems the bullet didn't get too far, it practically was falling out when I cam to look it over." The paramedic smiled as he bandaged up the wound to cover it. A little bit of blood was seen but you could feel Venom stop some of the bleeding. "The hospital will probably need to stitch the wound."

"Are you sure you or your partner can't stitch me up?" You winced as you adjusted your sitting position.

He chuckled, "No we can't, EMT's and Paramedics aren't really trained to do that. Plus a club isn't really that sterile."

"Well there is a bunch of alcohol we could use." You joke, making him laugh.

"I understand that hospital can be intimidating but with a wound like this you will need some professional help." He smiled sympathetically. "I can offer a sucker pop but that bribery usually only works on children."

"You put up a strong offer but I think I will be good on my own."

"Well, if anything worsens please do come to the hospital." He started putting his medical kit away when he let out a small chuckle. Carefully reaching back into his kit he pulled out a red sucker and slid it across the table. "Our secret."

You carefully take the sucker, thanking him silently before pocketing the candy. You glanced back towards Lucifer, Chloe, and the EMT. Your eyes caught Lucifer watching you both with an unreadable expression before turning his attention back to the other two. You noticed his jaw clench and his eyebrows furrow.

"Alright Matt, we are good to go." The man who helped you called to his partner. "The patient is in stable condition, the wound isn't life threatening and they are refusing treatment."

Matt shrugged his shoulders, "Well that settles that, lets get going then Tom." The two quickly departed, you assumed Matt was tired of listening to Chloe and Lucifer argue to him and wanted to leave as quick as possible.