Chapter 11

Trigger Warning: there will be graphic/bloody/gore content in this chapter!!
----------

The next was a picture of you outside the last crime scene with Lucifer laughing.

"Looks like he knows your investigating him again, (Y/N)."

"Well... Shit."

-------

You and Lucifer sat at Chloe's desk back at the precinct while Chloe was speaking to the Chief. you rested your head against your propped up hand, staring intently at the photograph that was found at the crime scene. What was Gene's plan with this? Was this a threat or was this simply a way of trying to scare you away? This questions invaded your mind and scenarios kept playing out. How will this affect your job? How will this affect Venom and Lucifer? How-

"Darling you are going to burn holes into that photograph if you keep glaring at it." Lucifer's voice from your right broke your concentration. You look to face him, he was leaning back in his chair, watching you with a raised brow.

"I just want to know what Gene's goal is with this photograph." You sighed, tossing it on the desk. "Was this recent murder simply to give the picture to us or is he spiraling faster than we thought he was? His pattern is usually people he views as bad, regardless if it was a simple mistake or something gruesome. Until we know what the last victim did, we can't say for sure."

Lucifer was about to reply to you but yours and his attentions were captured by Chloe leaving the Chiefs office. She sat in front of you and suspired, "We are no longer on the Gene Shepp case."

"What?" Lucifer exclaimed standing up from his chair. You stayed in your spot, staring at Chloe with wide eyes. Venom was also pretty shocked and rather pissed that you both were removed from the case.

"The Chief said that it became too personal and too dangerous for the both of you. We can still help and (Y/N) can still give information, but we can't be active with this case."

"That is truly a stupid reason. Allow me to get us back on the-"

"Lucifer," You call his attention. "This is probably for the best, it keeps you safe and it may cause a cooling off period for Gene." He gave you a look but stiffly took his seat again. You took note of his hands gripping the arms of the chair, his knuckles turning white. You saw Chloe's face show surprise towards Lucifer's seemingly willingness to listen. "I can still gather information and help out as much as we are allowed, Chloe."

Venom, on the other hand, was not wanting to comply or listen. It took a lot of concentration and energy to keep him from accidentally coming out and causing a scene. He did not like that a tiny human named Gene threatened you and possibly Lucifer. You could feel sweat began to form on your forehead, the back of your neck, and on your back.

"Knock it off Venom." You said as quietly as possible through clenched teeth. Venom hasn't been this bad since you became his host. "I am gonna use the restroom real quick." You smiled and practically bolted from your chair and headed towards the bathroom.

You made sure there was no one in the restroom and locked the door behind yourself. You stumbled to the counter and looked into the mirror; your face covered in sweat. Your head twitch to the side as you felt Venom trying come out.

"Venom stop, don't cause a scene here." You panted, your hands clenching into a fist.

"How dare those pesky humans keep us away. Gene should be eaten." Venom managed to get himself outside of your body, but thankfully he didn't fully form. "No, not eaten. Slowly punished."