Chapter 17

A/N: Rest of the A/N is at the end, just putting a big apology here for being gone for essentially a year. Sorry for such a delay and hiatus!

Lots of fun, fluffy time in this chapter ^^

-----------------

Gene sat on the floor of a decrepit, foreclosed home he was squatting in, back against the wall and a bottle of wine he stole from the Pacheco house. He tilted his head back and took a long swig from the bottle, his glassy eyes never leaving the wall in front of him. His plan was nearly perfect. He didn't even think about (Y/N) and Lucifer not technically being police, he was just too excited to take them both down a notch.

His eyes trail over the wall, looking at the various candid pictures he had of the new inhuman duo. His upper lip curled slightly at (Y/N)'s face in particular. The thief who stole his symbiote. The symbiote who would of granted the extra power to him so he could carry out his plan of killing the wicked and the sinners. That was his alien, not theirs. He took another drink of the wine, wincing as it was getting close to empty.

"I'll kill you. Then that alien will fulfil its purpose." He rasped, sitting up from his spot and walking closer to the wall. His eyes were trained on a photo of Lucifer and (Y/N). "I'll kill you and the Devil, and I'll take what's mine and rid the Earth of the ultimate sin. Just you wait."

-------------------

Loud knocking at your apartment door woke you and Venom up from a deep slumber. You look at the time on your phone and saw it was 7:34am. Still half-awake, you grumble and get out of bed with a grouchy symbiote shouting in your mind. You had a scowl on your face as you approached your front door. You gripped the doorknob tightly and nearly ripped the door off its hinges, ready to tear a new one into-

"Eddie?" Your eyes widened at the slightly-disheveled man. He dropped his bag and immediately wrapped his arms around you, one of his hands rested on the back of your head. "What the- Why the hell are you here?"

"EDDIE!" Venom shouted at made himself appear to wrap around the both of you.

"Well, after you told me Gene broke into your place and you were shot I was already thinking of seeing what trouble you are already getting into. And then with what happened with Gene yesterday, I had to visit you." He sighed and tried pulling away, but Venom's gooey-self kept clinging onto your friend. "Yeah, yeah. It's good to see you too buddy."

"Let the man come inside." You laughed as the alien grumbled and returned back into your body. Eddie grinned and shook his head. He leaned down and picked up his back before coming inside.

"Nice place you got."

"Thanks, it's comfy. Have you eaten at all? We don't have much but I can order us something. We just woke up." You yawned and watched as your friend set his bag by the couch before turning to you.

"I can tell you just woke up, you have that 'I just woke-up and I haven't had any sustenance' look to you."

"Screw you." You laughed and Eddie chuckled.

"Take me somewhere. I know it hasn't been long but you have to catch me up more on everything. Especially this Lucifer character you've seemingly gotten close with."

"Sure, just let me put on a more presentable look and we can get going." You chose to ignore his last statement, especially with the infliction in his tone. You start moving to your room. "I know a spot or two we can hit for some good breakfast food."

"Oh, mind if I crash here? I could only get three days off and all the hotels around here are booked."

"Sure, I don't mind!" You grinned and get ready. You put together a comfortable outfit for a walk around and did your hair to your liking for a casual day. You felt very, very giddy and you were sure it was a mix of your's and Venom's excitement. As you were about to exit your room after getting ready, you remembered Lucifer. You quickly pulled out your phone and shot him a quick text explaining the situation. Usually he rarely goes into the station before 10 am so you should be fine.