Chapter 5

"You aren't supposed to be up here, are you?" A voice spoke behind you, a slight hint of sass and aggravation was evident.

"Shit!" "Shit!"
-------

"Now, why are you spying on Lucifer?" You figured it was the woman dressed in leather who was in Lucifers penthouse. You heard her unsheath was you could presume to be a blade of some sorts, along with the sound of leather. Yep, it was that woman.

You didn't make a move, nor did you make a peep. The air around you and the woman felt heavy, you both were waiting for the either to make the first move. You gulped, clenching and unclenching your fist as your heart felt like it was going to jump out of your chest.

"We should attack and have a snack." Venom hissed. You rolled your eyes and wrinkled your nose to Venoms comment. She seemed to be close with Lucifer, and most likely it would lead back to you in some way like the convience store.

"Fine if you're not going to talk willingly." You heard the woman take a step but your reflexes, along with Venoms, reacted with lightening speed. You took off running from your position towards the right ledge, and jumped with no hesitation. It felt like slow motion as you went through the air, your limbs flailing as you try to take hold of the ledge. The distance between the two buildings was large, there was no way an average human like yourself would make.

But a Symbiote from another planet can.

Venom didn't take full control. His goopy skin shot out from different areas and clung to the brick wall of the building, pulling your body against the wall and up to the roof. You wanted to turn around and see if the woman was staring in shock, but you knew it was smart to keep running.

"Let me help." You noticed your pace began quickening. You looked down to see Venoms legs take form instead of yours. "I heard her made the jump, but we are faster." You and Venom kept running and jumping from building to building, not looking back until both were sure she lost track of you. You took brief refuge in an alley, hunched over trying to catch your breath. Your hands were shaking like crazy, and it felt like yoir chest was about burst from your heart.

"What the hell lives here in L.A.?" You placed a hand on your chest, letting out now steady breaths while leaning against the cool brick wall. "I thought the worst was Aliens wanting to kill off humans."

"Seems to be more on planet Earth than puny humans." Venom snickered.

"And more than just parasites too." You shot back, but regretting it as soon as Venom threw yet abother hissy fit.

----

Mazikeen slammed down her hell-forged dagger into Lucifer's personal bar, causing some splinters to fly in different directions.

"Hey! That is mahogany!" Lucifer exclaimed as he swiped away any splinters that were still on the bar.

"Who ever was watching you on the building got away from me." Maze snarled and removed her dagger from the bar, making Lucifer send her a look at the extra damage she just.caused. "No regular human can get away from me the way this person did."

"Do tell, Maze." Lucifer sipped his expensive whiskey while eyeing his now damaged bar top.

"They leaped across a roof top with a considerable ammount of distance. They weren't even going to make the jump, but their body just slammed into the side of the building and-and got pulled up!" She exhailed, "and then they ran faster than any human I have seen."

"Could it be our monster from the convenience store?"

Mazikeen looked to her left, eyes slightly squinting as she recollected what she witnessed. It was pretty dark on the roof top,and where the gap was between the two. It was too dark and the angle didn't give her enough of a view to see any thing. Although, she did remember seeing something not human when that person was running-