Chapter 46

Please use the hashtag #SapphireAcademy if you're going to tweet/post about this story. You may also tag me @cailameneses on twitter and instagram.

Chapter 46

Back

Lumiko na si Nana kaya kahit gusto ko pang tumingin para masigurado kung siya nga iyon ay hindi ko na nagawa.

Maybe I'm just hallucinating. Maybe I'm just thinking of him more often.

Bakit naman pupunta ng ospital si Jax, right? Or baka kamukha lang. It's really impossible that it's him!

I know I'm okay. I feel okay. But the tests and the doctors say otherwise. My parents decided to take me out of the country. Mom wants me to be tested in the states for a second opinion.

Hindi kasama si Kuya Kairon pati na rin ang baby twins na sina Zavi at Zion. Both of my parents came with me. Hindi naging mahirap ang pag-alis, we have our private plane and everything went swiftly. Wala rin akong naging maayos na paalam sa mga kaibigan pero naparating ko naman ang dahilan ng pag-alis.

It's been two years and now, I can finally go back. I've been prescribed of some medicines I need to take everyday for my treatment. I also have my heart monitoring watch that I need to wear all the time.

"Don't forget to take your medicines, alright? You can't skip your medications," the foreign doctor reminded me.

I nodded my head right away.

"These medications can help regulate abnormal heart rhythms and manage heart failure in which the heart doesn't pump enough blood to the body," he further explained.

Limitado rin ang mga activities na pwede kong gawin from now on. Adolescents with congenital heart disease risk developing latent diseases due to real or perceived physical activity restrictions.

My doctor said that it's too early to tell if I needed any surgery. They monitored my heart rate and body for almost two years, and we were told that I can get better with the treatment and medication but it cannot heal me. To be healed is a different thing. I cannot be healed with all of these medicines.

I was granted to go back and continue my studies. I was so excited. I can have my life back. I can finally see my friends, go shopping, and pretty much do everything I want to do!

Kahit nasa America, I still managed to study via online learning. I took my lessons and exams online. It was challenging to be honest, but my professors told me that I did really well. My final grades for the last semester were great. I now have the chance to go back to Star Sapphire Class.

Our house in San Francisco was very cozy, but there's really no place like home. I want to go back in the Philippines. Kuya Kairon and the kambal visited me often when time permits. Tuwing bakasyon, pumupunta sila.

Lagi ko rin namang nakakausap sina Gelo and Xuri thru video call. Minsan kasama nila si Chance. For those years, Jaxith was never mentioned. And I never asked. Because the more I think about him, the more I'll miss him and the more I'll want to go back kahit hindi pa pwede.

And now na pwede na, I am so excited to see him. But I am nervous too... Hindi naging maganda ang huling beses naming pagkikita. Hindi ko rin alam kung kumusta na siya ngayon. Kung hinihintay niya ba ako o may iba na. I never told him to wait, and I hurt him with all the words I threw at his face. Hindi ko siya masisisi kung may iba na nga. But the mere thought that there's already someone else, hurts me. It pains me. Parang umiikot ang tiyan ko. Parang hindi ko kaya.

But if that's the case, I'll accept it with all my heart along with the pain. Naging choice ko ang piliin ang future niya. I won't be regretful... I shouldn't be. I chose that long ago, and I'll choose it again.