14

Your POV

Answer the phone. Answer the phone. Answer the phone. FaceTime unavailable. This is the fourth day in a row you haven't had an ounce of communication with Tom. He started filming a month ago and since then his communication with you has dropped. You understand that he's busy, but this was strange. He always made the time to text you to tell you if he wouldn't be able to talk. You tried not to think too much about it, he'll get back to you.

Five days.

Six days.

A full week, still no word.

Your confusion went to worry so you texted Haz to make sure everything was okay. No response. What is going on?

You locked your phone and put in your bag. You got out of your car, smoothed out your outfit, and headed into the office building.

The lady at the receptionists desk looked up from her computer. "Hi. How can I help you?"

"I have a meeting with Mr. Reeves. I'm his one o'clock, (y/n) (y/l/n)."

"Oh yes, he's in a meeting right now, but if you would like to take a seat and wait I can call you when he's out."

You politely thanked her and sat down in the lobby. You started popping your fingers while looking around trying to find something to distract yourself. You would be texting Tom right now to calm yourself down, but there was no help from that department at the moment.

"(Y/n)?" You turned your head towards the receptionist. "He's ready for you now."

Okay, this was it. You got up and made your way into Mr. Reeves's office, shaking his hand, and taking a seat to start your interview.

"I'm a fact checker." You were sitting criss cross at the table watching Andi stir the food in the pot.

"That's great, you got the job!" You were surprised to see she was even home. You were expecting to have the apartment to yourself.

"I guess."

Andi stopped stirring and turned around. "What's wrong?"

"This isn't what I imagined for myself. I wanted to work from home to travel. I wanted to write about the places I go see and the people I meet. I didn't want to be stuck at home making sure what other people write are factually correct."

"What about that other job you interviewed for yesterday?"

You scuffed. "They only wanted me to be there because of Tom. They knew from online that I knew him and they wanted everything on him. Said it would be an exclusive story. I'm not going to use him like that. I have way more writing potential than my friendship with the Tom Holland."

"Damn straight. I'm proud of you for not going with them. But speaking of Tom, how has he been?"

"Uh I wouldn't know."

Her face contorted to pure shock. "Excuse me? You've been inseparable since New York. At first it was talking almost everyday, but since that trip it has been literally everyday. You're always looking at your phone responding to him."

You shrugged your shoulders and looked down at the table tracing the wood pattern with your finger. "We haven't talked in a full week. I thought maybe something happened so I texted Haz. He hasn't responded either."

"Well maybe they're just really busy. There's no way he would stay away from you on purpose. There has to be a reason."

"I guess. Trying not to think about it."

Andi could tell you didn't want to talk about it anymore. "I got an acting gig."

You shot your head up to see her stirring again. "Are you serious? Andi that's huge! What is it?"