21

Tom's POV

I couldn't look at her face. If I did I would change my mind, I would tell her this was a mistake. I watched her feet as she turned and opened the door, her bag being dragged behind her. I kept my head down and I listened to the door shut close.

"Why did she leave?" Olivia. She's still here.

I wiped away at my eyes and turned around. "She's going home."

"Why?"

"Something came up." I needed to change the topic of discussion before she pries any further. "So uh what are you going to do with Daniel tomorrow?"

"My mom is here. She's going to watch him for me so I can go tomorrow. Speaking of that, can I borrow your phone? I didn't drive here and I wanted to make sure my ride was downstairs. My phone is dead."

"Yeah sure. I can give you a ride if you need it."

"No it's okay. They should already be here by now." I grabbed my phone and handed it to her. She gave me Daniel and walked into the kitchen.

Daniel had tiny baby hairs. His brown eyes all curious, looking at everything.

Olivia walked back in and took Daniel from my arms. "They're here." She took a few step towards the door but stopped and turned around. "It's a good thing you two ended things now before it got too messy." I looked at her puzzled. "Thin walls. You knew that today was a little preview of what would've happened in the future. Things would've gotten too stressful with our type of career and having a child. She would've left like she did today. Blame it on needing air or giving you space. Slowly over time she would pop and leave telling you she couldn't do it anymore. Now you don't have to worry about that anymore." She walked over and shifted the weight of Daniel onto one arm so she could squeeze my arm with her free hand. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Olivia opened the door to Haz and Harry who looked like they were about knock. They moved out of the way to give her space to walk through, then came inside.

Harry looked around before sitting down on the couch. "Where's (y/n)."

"Gone." I walked to the mini bar and grabbed the first drink I could find.

"What do you mean gone?" Haz joined Harry on the couch.

"Gone. As in out. As in we broke up, I'm here, she's home, gone." I threw the cap on the floor and downed the tiny shot.

Harry went rigid. "Tom why? What happened?"

"Just what's best." Both of their faces were confused and shocked.

Haz stood up to stop me from grabbing the next drink. "Tom mate, you're stressed out. You just found out you have a baby plus you have a premiere tomorrow. You can't be getting drunk tonight and show up hungover tomorrow. It wouldn't look good."

"I can do whatever the hell I want." I nudged Haz to the side and continued to pick up the next shot.

"Why did you break up with (y/n)?" Harry was now getting on my nerves.

"Who said I broke up with her?"

"Because unless something changed, she said she was going to work it out with you. Be there for you."

I scoffed and flicked the top off. "Be there for me. You know Olivia was right. I came back up to the room after getting Olivia, and (y/n) was gone. I called, texted got no word. I actually thought she up and left. Went home without a word. Olivia kept telling me it was for the best. I could give all my time to Daniel. Be the dad he deserves and not spend my time worrying about some girl who might leave me one day."