23

Your POV

Sleep, a beautiful necessity in life. At least everyone in the world but Andi believes that.

You were dead asleep in your bed. All cuddled up in blankets having a nice dream. Andi jumped into your bed, waking you up from your peaceful slumber.

"Get up." You groaned which told her you were not in the mood. "I need you to answer a very important question." You repeated the groan. "Am I more beautiful today than I was yesterday? I was looking in the mirror and all I could think was yes huge improvement."

You placed a pillow over your head to block out her voice, but she took it from you. "Can I have my pillow back?"

She continued, ignoring your question. "But then I thought maybe I'm not more beautiful today. Maybe I'm just as beautiful as I was yesterday, but my self esteem is lacking."

You rolled out of bed and went to go grab some clothes. "I'm going to go take a shower."

Andi clapped her hands together. "Hurry up and I'll take you to work."

"I'm okay."

"Why so charming this morning?"

You opened up your closet and started looking through your options. "I was woken up by an annoying red head. Where's my skirt?"

"In your closet."

"Don't take this personally, but get out."

Andi giggled. "You're crabby. Know what the perfect cure for carbbiness is? A trip to the mall. Want to come? Blow off work and come hang out with your best friend. We can get some cute new tops, find you a new skirt maybe. Huh? Huh? How does that sound?"

"No thanks." You grabbed a nice shirt and pair of jeans out of your drawer. It didn't matter what you wore to work since all you were doing was dropping off your latest articles you finished editing and picking up new ones.

"Come on it'll make you feel better."

"I feel fine and I don't want to go shopping."

"You've been in a funk over Tom for two weeks now. You can't keep dwelling on it. You got to move on and get back out there. Even if you're not looking to date, you need to leave the house other than going to work."

"Whatever."

"I leave soon. I'm going with my family on our family vacation. I'll be gone for a week and you're gonna miss having someone here to nag you all day long. Get some Andi time before she's gone."

You turned around to glare at your best friend. She was trying to guilt trip you into going to the mall with her. "You're literally going to be gone for a week." She made a puppy dog face and clasped her hands under her chin. "Fine. I'll go." You stomped off to the shower letting her know you weren't exactly happy she was making you get back out in society.

"Love the enthusiasm!" She called out as you walked away.

You took your shower, went to work, came home, and hopped into the car with Andi. She dragged you into every store, especially if there was a sale sign hanging up. Starting out, you just followed her around and tried on the clothes she picked out for you. As the day went on, you started to have more fun. It became a good day of spending too much money. It was clear that it would be best to leave soon before Andi's arms fell off from all the bags she was carrying.

You both placed all your items in the trunk and got in on the passengers side. "What are you going to do with your week alone?"

"I don't know. Work probably."