✧ she is suffering ✧

summary: she's tired of playing Agnes and you comfort her.

word counter: 791 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

The sound of a door being slammed shut warns you that you're no longer alone in the house. Just in time, because you just took a freshly baked cake out of the oven. You take off your apron and walk out of the kitchen.

Agathas is pacing from corner to corner in the living room, muttering things that are more audible the closer you get to her.

"Smile. Be nice, kind. Play her stupid game, I'm tired!" The tone of her voice rises in that last part.

She's upset, very upset. You can literally see it in the halo of purple light emerging from her body; the magic struggling to break free.

"What happened?" You softly ask, stopping your steps a few inches from her.

Agatha looks up. Her eyes could burn anyone who dares look at her right now, but not you.

"What happens is that I want to know how Wandy," the name being pronounced with the purest irony and bitterness, "locked us in this false world. How is she able to control people thousands of miles away without even trying!"

The halo that surrounds her begins to transform into a more powerful light, like the flame of fire. You have to calm her down somehow before this gets worse.

"I hate having to pretend to be Agnes, my face muscles hurt from smiling so much!"

The witch averts her gaze, and that's why she's unable to notice that you're much closer to her. The words of frustration that were leaving her mouth vanish the instant you place your hands on her shoulders, stopping that impatient walk of hers as well.

The irises of her eyes begin to paint with their natural color, blue, which is a good sign.

"Remember the plan, darling. We cannot act rashly, we don't know what we're up against yet."

"Eh, yes, we do know. We're up against a loony Avenger who has created her own reality in sitcom form. And I hate pretending to be someone I'm not! I'm suffering, Y/N. This is worse than Salem."

Your hands leave her shoulders slowly. Hearing that simple five word word causes your stomach to twist. Centuries have passed since that event but the memories are as fresh as if it happened just a few hours ago.

Agatha perceives the change in your spirit and brings her hands to your arms, gently.

"I'm sorry, baby" she says with obvious regret. You shake your head, chasing the issue away.

A tiny smile forms on your lips. "You know, you say you hate your role, but..."

She follows the direction of your gaze, which goes up and down her body. She has been so focused on taking her anger out on Wanda and the whole false world thing that she has forgotten one little detail.

"AGH!"

The word is blurted out in full irritation. The purple illuminates her eyes again and you can feel her powerful magic flowing through her body. You contemplate the transformation, in which only five seconds are enough for all the aesthetic aspect of Agnes to disappear.

Her black hair falls down her shoulders and here she is, in all her splendor with color.

"I swear I didn't notice," she admits embarrassed. Then she starts crying in a fake way. "This place is making me lose my mind!"

Your hands wrap her face with tenderness, the same with which you leave a kiss on her lips. Any possible negative feeling abandons her completely thanks to your gesture.

"Do that again," Agatha asks you with a mischievous smirk.

"With pleasure."

You kiss her again, this time prolonging the kiss a little longer. When you both separate to catch some air, her smile expands until it reaches her blue and shining eyes.

"When we discover Wanda's secret and take her magic, we can create our own reality where it's just you and me forever."

"We don't need Wanda's magic for that," you caress the necklace that hangs around her neck, your eyes sinking deep into hers, "but we're going to get it anyway. We will make her pay for making you suffer."

Your words of thirst for revenge cause Agatha's smile to fill with malice. She buries her soft hands in your hair. Pride and love flowing through her.

"This is why I love you so much." Her whisper caresses your lips. "Because we are made for each other, it's evident."

She's completely right. Your soul fits perfectly with Agatha Harkness's. And no enchantment or curse can change that. The love and obsession that unites you both is much stronger and a thousand times worse than all that.