✧ daylight ✧

"i once believed love would be burning red
but it's golden..."

—Taylor Swift, daylight

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

"Oh my god, it's happening! Is this happening?!"

Agatha chuckles as you cling eagerly to her arm. The bowl of popcorn resting on your lap wobbles dangerously.

"Hon, relax, my laptop is barely turning on!" There is a mesmerizing glow when their eyes meet yours. "I need you not to die of exciment in the meantime, 'kay?"

"But what if I do? Here, feel."

You take her hand in yours and hold it at the level of your heart. Suddenly you fall silent so that she's able to hear it properly. Agatha frowns slightly, concerned with your incessant, more than obvious heart rate.

"There's no way a movie would cause you such a thing, no. I did this. You're still not used to my beauty, that's it. And I get it, I really do."

Your fiancée leaves a kiss on your lips, making you smile dazedly. She then turns her attention to her laptop while your head rests on her shoulder. With your free hand, you bring a couple of popcorns to your mouth in an attempt to calm your anxiety. It's the picture Agatha has as her desktop background that really helps with the task, your heart melting instead.

"I thought you hated that picture," you comment, half-surprised, half- amused.

It's from last year, at the Oogie Boogie Bash held at Disneyland around Halloween time. She was reluctant to go at first, anything involving crowds of people terrifies her more than anything else in the world. But when Nikki offered to go in her place, Agatha was quick to pack her bags and decline the proposal herself.

Your best friend was right, the idea of you having fun with someone else is what really terrifies her the most in the world.

"Why would I hate it? You're in it."

Stop, that's extremely... Cute. And at the same time... Extremely weird.

"You're being so tender, why? You gonna break up with me?"

"I'm just in a good mood, and I have my good reasons," she keeps clicking here and there as she talks, "First, summer is over! I'm so relieved, I missed cloudy, cold days like today. Then, October is practically settling in, Halloween-oh Halloween, I can already taste it. Horror movie nights, scaring kids and keeping their candy..." A wicked chuckle sweetens the air. "Glory, glory in my hands."

You know she means it because of the absolute passion in her voice. It makes you smile as you rush her to put the movie on already. She's taking too long by her regular standards.

Finally, the Disney+ logo lights up the screen. You squeal in excitement.

"I honestly don't know why you're so obsessed with a witch movie when you have a real one right here."

"Well, not every day you get to see Hannah Waddingham playing one. She looked so breathtaking in the trailer, which-"

"Excuse me?"

"-IT IS NOT the reason at all why I want to see Hocus Pocus 2!"

Removing your head from Agatha's shoulder, you have to bite your lip to keep from bursting out laughing. She looks so offended all of a sudden. And so, so beautiful with those ocean eyes of hers and her black hair elegantly collected in a bun. You take a second to burn the image into your memories.

"First Cate Blanchett, now this Hannah, I swear-"

"I'm totally here for the Sanderson sisters! They're my childhood, 'kay? The reason I love witches so much. But only one has my heart."

It's you who now leaves a kiss on Agatha's soft lips, which are not satisfied with a simple one and demand one properly.

"Nice save, hon, you make me proud."

The second the film starts to load, you realize something extremely important is missing.

"Oh, shoot, I forgot to bring the chocolate. Can you-"

There's no need to ask twice. With a wave of her hand, Agatha conjures up the chocolate bar you bought this morning and forgot in the kitchen. Years of relationship and you're still mesmerized by the shimmering purple glow that slowly subsidizes.

"Thanks. May I... have another?"

"I'll think about it."

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

It's strange, the way love manifests itself in a person's life.

Agatha projected big dreams, ambitions related to nurturing the strength of her magic. Focusing on other areas, forging relationships with humans,-of any kind-wasn't even a possibility that crossed her mind. The only thing she indulged in were passionate nights with the occasional female companion over the decades because, a woman does deserves some fun. But never anything that involved a serious, lasting commitment. And she was completely fine with that.

But now-now here she is, holding in her arms the person she proposed to less than a week ago. Crazy.

"Are you- Are you crying?"

She's compelled to ask as soon as she turns her head and sees water running down your cheeks-what other people call tears. Chances were high that, as soon as the film's credits started rolling, you would be saddened by the fact that it was over so soon. The thing is, you don't look sad at all.

"I'm happy 'cause I just watched a work of cinematic art. Let me be."

"Hey, easy baby, I wasn't attacking you," Agatha squeezes you in a hug, her laptop levitating in the air as soon as you close it. "You're right, it was a beautiful movie."

A chuckle escapes your mouth. "You spent the last hour sleeping, you liar."

"Well, you knew the risks of us lying in bed! How can I not when snuggling next to you is so cozy, huh?"

She leaves several kisses on your cheek. You're soon turning to her side, each having a clear, close-up image of the other's face. Under the warm sheets, Agatha's hand travels behind your back, as if longing to keep you this close forever.

"Thank you for half-watching one of my favorite movies with me."

The corners of her lips lift into a beam. "You could thank me with some new kisses, slow ones, please."

While you are the one who is supposed to provide them, it is she who reduces the distance and takes the initiative. Your hand rests on her cheek as her lips move sweetly against your own.

"You're the main reason, hon," Agatha whispers in between, unwilling to pull her mouth away from the warmth of yours. "It wouldn't be the same if you weren't by my side."

And in other universes, the absence of a love like yours is reflected in the darkness in which her life is trapped. But that's another story.

Here, she's happy. And here, it's only worth it with you.

a/n: thanks for reading <3 hoping y'all are doing great 💖

p.d.: Kathryn and Lizzie holding hands a few days ago-- 🦋🦋