✧ under her spell ✧

summary: after months of flirting, you finally give in to Agatha's charms.

word counter: 1464 words

warning: may contain slight smut.

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Two years before the Salem Witch Trials

Growing up surrounded by magic has always been part of your legacy. Your mother has taught you to accept it, embrace it and understand it. All her knowledge was transmitted to you through hard lessons in which you weren't allowed to fail. And thanks to that, you’re a talented witch, whose skills are still in the process of improvement.

But you've always wanted to go for more, as if you felt you were destined to wield more power than you were born with. In the last few months, your interest in dark magic has only been increasing. Even though it's something your coven condemns, taking risks has always been your favorite hobby. The hard part was finding someone who has prior knowledge in the field, someone who would be willing to become your mentor, in secret, betraying the principles of your sister witches.

Turns out there's someone who doesn't give a shit about those principles and accepted to help you - after weeks of prodding and pleading.

"You're late."

Agatha Harkness says as soon as you appear at the meeting point, deep in the woods. You adjust your hair as you catch some air, contemplating the serious expression on the other witch's face.

"I'm sorry, I was-"

"I don't care," she cuts you off. "Let's start with the lesson before dark."

What a mood, you think as you approach her to receive her next indications. Actually, even if you refuse to admit it, what you hope is that she flirts with you as she always has in these three months. She made it clear from the beginning: she only agreed to be your tutor because she finds you attractive. And she has never missed an opportunity to mention it.

You never play along because you're sure that women aren't your thing; contemplating the possibility of being with one is weird to you, but it arouses all your curiosity, of course. In a certain part, you just like that she flirts and thinks she has a chance with you.

But it's been almost an hour of enchantment class and Agatha's just limited herself to talking about magic. Her behavior is being pretty strange, much colder and more distant. Not that she treats you like a princess but there are days when she at least smiles.

"Let's see if you are ready for a duel."

Without even giving you time to blink, she turns around and a glowing purple light emerges from her hands to be thrown in your direction. Your body falls to the ground, helpless, after receiving the impact on a large part of your chest.

"What the hell was that!?" You ask, annoying, quickly getting up with the help of your hands.

"The start of a duel, Y/N." She mentions with a hint of sarcarm, as if it's obvious. "Time to put what I taught you to the test. Show me what you've got, darling."

Another purple light travels towards you but this time you fight back. Lucky the woods is thousands of kilometers from the nearest town, because people would be able to see the flash of lights that's unleashed.