Chapter Seven

There is no equal to you.... - Bhagavad Gita

--------

Fai P.O.V

"Wake up Fai" I hear someone say beside me. It took about ten minutes to actually wake up, and since that someone was May she knew and woke me twenty minutes before it was time to actually wake up. 

After some stretching and yawning, I made my way to the bathroom to fix myself. After showering, fixing my hair into two puffs, and wearing my designated color, I make my way to the dining room. 

I look down at my plate while sitting down next to May.

"Yes, that's all they're feeding us," May says when she sees the confused look on my face. 

It looks like an uncooked snack.

"I thought skinny bitches like you starved themselves?" Betty says with a nasal voice.  I glare at her, touching May's shoulder silently assuring her and telling her to not listen. 

No one knows how hard May struggles with gaining weight, she had an eating disorder because of that. 

"Why are you such a fucking bitch?" Amelia says. Amelia is the bookkeeper's daughter. Unlike her father, she loves to speak her mouth. When I go to the shop to get new books, I always seem to pass by her cursing out someone. I'm surprised to see her here, I always thought she was gay. She always looks visibly sick when any man tries to flirt with her, which is often. Amelia is a  beautiful girl, with blond curls that pass her waist, plum pink lips, and a beautiful figure. She reminds me of Aurora but is more full and shorter. 

Before Betty could respond back to her, the man from last night walked into the room with the castle staff following behind him visibly shaken and scared. The man looks around, his cane hitting the floor. 

"You're eliminated," He says out of nowhere pointing at Amelia. Earning a gasp out from the girls and Marie. "A queen should not use this sort of vulgar language"

"But sir, the other elimination round is not until next weekend," Marie says trying to save Amelia, who seems to be glad about the advisor's decision. 

The old man looks at Meredith not acknowledging Marie, as if she was beneath him. Meredith quickly composes herself from the shock of the sudden elimination round. "Everyone is dismissed. Amelia, I expect you to be gone before nightfall." 

Everyone leaves not wanting to get eliminated and on the bad side of Meredith. Haven the baker's daughter, cute ginger with freckles, grabs Amelia's hand as they walk out tears in her eyes. I never knew they were that close. 

"Shoot, I left my fan," May says, suddenly stopping at the doorway.  

"I'll get it," I said absent-mindedly, turning around and not waiting for her response. As I approach the doorway I overhear Meredith and the advisor talking. 

"... time is running out, we need to get them all to the castle by tomorrow night before he realizes what is going on," The old man says in a much softer and scared tone. 

He? 

"That is not enough time, we have too many girls. The training hasn't even started yet? What if everyone starts to ask more questions? What do we do Charles?" Meredith expresses worry in her voice. 

What are they hiding? 

"I know what I'm doing. I'll continue eliminating them like I am now. Just tell them that plan has changed and we need to do training the Castle because the King is getting impatient. You're the head of the staff for a reason, don't make me second guess you." Charles says back in his cold voice, making his way away from Meredith and towards the door. 

I quickly scurry back to the room, before he sees me. I sit on my bed, ignoring May who was waiting for her fan. 

What is going on? Why is the King in such a hurry? Why is time running out? 

+++++++++++

After a few moments, we were sent back to the grand room. The staff and the king's advisor standing there looking at us as we line up. I noticed the king advisor looking at me, with a look that I could not figure out. When we finish lining up, Meredith goes up and clears her throat. 

"The King is getting impatient and wants to find his Queen" She starts. "Because of that, we will be going to the Castle tomorrow at noon however not all of you guys will be allowed to go there will be an elimination round."

"But what about trai-"

"Eliminated" Charles's voice booms, startling us all. He walks over to Anna, eyes holding no emotions. "A Queen should only speak when spoken to."

We look at him in shock. Anna is from the other side of town so I don't know her but from the looks of it, she was really determined to become Queen. She followed all the rules and had great potential. 

"Now, does anyone know who deserves to be eliminated?" Charles asks. No one answers. No one wants to fall for his trap. "You may now speak"

"I do," Haven finally speaks quietly. 

"Who?" Meredith says cocking a brow. Surprised to hear Haven speak, let alone speak first. 

"Me," She says, her friend Skylar holds her arm shaking her head. 

"Why?" Charles questioned, looking a bit intrigued. 

"I'm attracted to people that have the same anatomy as me, so there's no way I will serve as a good Queen," She says bluntly, earning an uncomfortable cough from Charles who just dismisses her with a wave of his arms. 

"Anyone else?" Meredith asks while making sure Charles composes himself. Bella walks up, making sure to push me before doing so. 

What's her problem?

"Fai should go, she's an outsider" She states all so knowingly, smirking back at me. 

Ouch. I mean, she's right but ouch. 

"A Queen is not hateful what would the subjects think, you are eliminated" The color from Bella's face drains. She would be so pretty if she was not filled with so much green. 

Charles walks around, looking at the reminding girls stopping in front of Floretta and then moving to May. "You look familiar"

"My mom works in the castle"

"You must miss her?"

"I do, very much"

May totally got this in the bag.  

"Too bad you won't get to see her," He says smirking, watching the smile on May's face fall down. 

What?

"Why?"

"Someone told me about your extracurricular activities, a Queen should be pure and only touch by her King" 

What the actual fuck?

I almost spoke up to get eliminated but the look on May's face told me to stop. 

-------------

A/N: This is my longest chapter ever. The story is about to start picking up pace soon. I want to dedicate this chapter to @tiahnj for being my first comment and like in this book. Only my friends have read my book and commented on them so having a complete stranger liking it, got me geeked ngl. I'm currently reading her book " Betrayal Down Memory Lane" and let me just say it is worth the procrastination. As always, I update twice every weekend. My next update will be coming tomorrow. Bye Loves :).