Chapter Fourteen

Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are. - Mandy Hale

---------------------

Ametheo P.O.V

Looking at her coming down the stairs was enough to make my heart stop. She looked so beautiful, the way her hair is braided into its own personal crown, the light makeup on her face. And her dress, I made a mental note to both thank and scowl at Maggy for making her wear such a beautiful thing.

Her skin glistened as she stepped toward me and gives a slight bow. I looked at the guard, wishing it was my arm she was hanging on and soon enough it was. As we stepped outside, I wanted so much to compliment her, on how beautiful she looked but the sun kissing her shoulder made me mute. 

She looks even more beautiful in the sunlight and I was jealous that it was kissing her instead of me. I noticed her staring at me on our way to the ball, but I ignored it. If I meet those whiskey-colored eyes, I will not be able to control myself. 

As we reached the ball, I practiced how I was going to introduce her. But her quickness to get out made me panic and the only words that came out of my mouth were. "Stay Here,"

Idiot. 

I quickly removed my hand when I saw the shocked look on her face. I probably scared her. I ran to her side of the ride and opened the doors for her. It seems as each second passes the more beautiful she gets. I wanted so much to touch her, that I couldn't help asking which she surprisingly obliged. 

When we arrived at the ball, for the first time I was excited to be seen wanting everyone to see the beautiful maiden around my arms. But as the messenger introduced her as my lady, I noticed the sudden stillness her body went through. I hide my disappointment and guide her down, everyone watching her and gawking at her beauty. 

She most likely came here because she didn't want to say no to her King, not because she did want to. I try my best to draw attention away from her, not introduce her so she doesn't get bombarded with questions and be uncomfortable. 

Hours pass and I get more and more irritated with the side glances made towards her, the annoying questions, and the lust in some of the people's eyes as they look at her exposed shoulders. I wanted so badly to tighten my grip around her but I did not want to make her uncomfortable. 

My childhood friend Danielle finally spotted me and I was relieved. She knows how to lessen tension. The beauty in my arm finally smiled, and I wish I could have said something to her after Danielle left but no words came to mind. 

I was relieved to have finally sat down and be done with socializing for the night. I did what Charles said, I hope the rumors stop now. As I was about to offer her a meal, Charles comes and tells me that I need to participate in the slow dance. 

Although a part of me was irritated with Charles, a bigger part of me was excited to dance with her. Too excited to ask her properly, telling her "Dance with me" like a brut. 

I guide her to the center and start dancing focused on her beauty and the words I should say to her when she suddenly opens her mouth.  In the tiniest whisper, she asks, "Who forced you to bring me?"

I bring my head near her ears so she does not see my shocked expression. I loved that she was tall, although I still towered over her, I did not need to bend down as much. We would make a powerful couple indeed. "Why do you ask?"

"Who would willingly bring someone they can not stand?"

I could not help chuckle at that. She thinks I hate her, is she that innocent? I decided to tease her for a bit. "What makes you think I hate you?"