Only You

A Prince rose from the ashes of his palace and destroyed his enemies with intelligence and courage. He brought victory to his Kingdom, Archelaos, and ruled it fairly, making all his subjects happy. So it seems.

As the Prince becomes King he lives up to his title, The Great Phoenix. A great warrior King who yields both pen and sword. The future of the Kingdom is set, except for an heir. To produce an heir the Kingdom of Archelaos requires a Queen. Not just any queen, but a queen who fits the King perfectly. A lady that will listen and not disobey her King, and produce a male heir for him while also standing by his side in perfection.

A competition is set up where all the eligible ladies in the kingdom are to attend to find the best suitable for the King. Fifteen competitors are taken to the castle, to meet the great King in a chance to get him to fall in love. What happens when an outsider enters the competition? Deceptions? Treason? Murder? Love?

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

In the Kingdom of Archelaos, Fai is an outsider. She was adopted as a child after her tribe was killed off during the war. At first glance, one might not notice that she was an outsider. There were plenty of people with a similar background to hers due to the early history of when people first started to settle in the kingdom. But those people didn't have skin like hers, they are lighter, have straighter hair, and have skinnier noses. Fai is different, she has skin as dark as night, eyes of coffee grains, the height of an Amazonian, and hair that can never be tamed. She never wanted to compete, she doesn't want to win, and she doesn't want to be next to the King and bear his children. She wants to be free. But why is it that when she looks into his broken eyes, she yearns to fix them?

Ametheo, the Great Phoenix, doesn't want a Queen or a family. He deserves no such things. The only thing he cares about is his Kingdom and dying in peace. The competition is far from what he wants, and he is determined to ensure he receives no queen. But what happens when he sees her? The only person that makes him envy the sun for giving her such loving kisses that are evident on her lovely skin. The only person in the palace who already has her own beautiful crown on her head. The only person whose whiskey-colored eyes make him believe everything will be alright. The only person worth living for.