Chapter Nine

Unforgettable, that's what you are.... unforgettable in every way. - Irving Gordon. 

--------

Fai's P.O.V

After the ruthless elimination, we were sent back to our rooms to pack. Amelia, Anna, Bella, Haven, and May getting their necessities and preparing to go back home, while the rest of us prepare to go to the Castle. 

"Fai," May says sitting next to me. "I know you don't want to be a part of this and are thinking of following me but please stay and talk to my mom for me."

"You're right I don't want to participate in this mess, but for you, I will," I say smiling at her. 

"I owe you big time," She says, giving me one of her tight hugs. 

"And don't forget that."

After May and the rest of the girls that were eliminated left. The remaining girls and I are escorted out of the house and begin the journey to the castle. A few minutes into our Journey, Advisor Charles clears his throat, silencing us. Meredith looks at us and begins a speech. 

"You're all potential to be future Queens, and when arriving at the Castle you may not get the welcome you expected from the King. Remember a Queen must support his King no matter what, you are still a commoner, and don't be expected to be treated as one. As the Queen your main job is to produce an heir for the Kingdom and obey your King," She says sternly making brief eye contact with each and every one of us. "A Queen must be seen and not heard, and don't forget your place."

I decided to zone her out halfway through her speech and look outside the scenery on the way to the castle. The closer we get to the castle the prettier the flowers seem to be. A few minutes later we finally arrived at the castle. We were all rushed into a room and told to stand in a certain order to be introduced to the King. I try my best to ignore the extra special glances I received from the staff and do as I am told. 

Remember why you're here Fai. Remember why you are here. 

A few minutes later, the door opens two men come in first, announcing the arrival of his majesty. I look down before seeing his face. Advisor Charles starts to introduce us, when he gets to Opal I look up, knowing it is my turn to be introduced. 

Looking up, I internally curse myself for having my head down for so long as my eyes meet the most beautiful man I have ever met in my life. His brown eyes are empty and yet so captivating. Fighting the urge to run my finger through his hair, I clear my throat and hang my head low again. 

"Your majesty."

He says nothing and continues the introductions, after Advisor Charles introduces us he and the King stand in the middle. The castle staff in one corner and us in another. I finally gained the courage to look at the King again. He scans the room, seeming like he is processing what Charles told him. His straight face turns into a smile, a beautiful smile that seems to be rehearsed all the time.

"Who else knew of this?" His voice was so smooth and calming. 

Smile. Silence.

"I want to give you guys new positions, I'm not mad. Who else? Charles did not do all of this himself." He looks so hypnotizing, towering over advisor Charles. I can't help but imagine if I were the only one close to his height in the castle. 

Slowly the Castle staff started to go up until there were nine. The King raised a brow, silently asking if there were more. Few guards stepped up and the young male who took over Charles' place for a while also stepped up.

"How interesting," The King says, the staff smile nervously waiting for their 'reward'. That smile turns into fear when the King's face suddenly goes blank.

"As I said, I am not mad. I'm betrayed, you went behind my back and did that without my permission, now tell me did I say I wanted a bride? Did I say I want to breed? Does it look like I need any more baggage in my life?" His voice was still calm, cold, and laced with venom.

Before anyone said anything he turns to advisor Charles, "You, the only reason you aren't dead is that I made a promise but trust me, if it weren't for that, I would be slicing your throat the moment you step in the castle, with this whole mess behind you."

"You guys are all fired if it weren't clear. Meet me at my office to set up everything." He says calmly, leaving outside not acknowledging us. 

Why is he so mean? Why did no one tell me he was so hot?

After the King left, the fired staff left, advisor Charles turn around and look at us. "As you can see the King did not know our plans, however, it will still be executed in hopes of bettering the kingdom. Go to your assigned rooms and I will go talk to his majesty."

Reyna, Skylar, Floretta, Lisa, Opal, Amethyst, and I go to our assigned room and the other girls go to their room across the hall. It's silent for a bit and after a while, Opal finally decided to speak up. 

"That was something..." She said, quietly sitting down and we all hum in unison. Before anyone else could speak up, a staff member comes in with food. Reyna runs towards it blocking our path. 

"I'm starving," She says, making her plate, and sitting on her bed. Everyone else agrees in unison while I take an apple and began to walk out quietly

"Where are you going?" Opal asks, making me stop. 

"Just a small walk, I'm not hungry yet and I promised May something." I dismiss and walk out before I get interrogated, even more, leaving the girls for the night with an uneasy feeling in my chest. 

------------

A/N:

Don't forget to like and tell me what you think of this chapter so far.

I stayed up at 4 am today planning out every single detail of each chapter. I'm excited.