Chapter Twelve

You were born with greatness- Rumi

--------

Ametheo P.O.V

I wave my hand making everyone sit down around the table after bowing. A few of my trusted guards and my advisor Charles were in the room with me ready to update.

"How are we doing with the murders?" I ask, looking at my head chief David.

"The food seemed to have been poisoned after it left the kitchen, your highness, as to who could've done it we are not sure. The ladies are safe in their rooms, with guards to accompany them to any open place desired. As far as we can tell, no one has tried to harm the crown, your grace."

"Yet," I finished his sentence. "Your words about the guards better be true if I hear or see that any of the guards are not performing the duties assigned to them, you will face me as a leader and the guard will wish they were dead."

I think over Ms. Fai, and how annoyed she got when she complained about the guards not protecting her.

"As for the ball my king," Sir Charles pulls me out of thought and stands up. "It's a week away, your guests have received her invitation and although she was shocked at first she is in compliance and will be ready to accompany you."

I smiled at that. I could only imagine how gorgeous she will look in her gown and in my arms. Like a true queen.

" I'm happy to have heard that Charles." I praise the old man and fix my face. "Now about the rumors.."

The debriefing and meeting lasted around two hours and I was drained. I skipped lunch and made my way to my library.

I never wanted to be king but my parents died before producing another heir, and I had to step up and make sure their deaths were not in vain.

The library is the sanctuary. I need to keep the kingdom running perfectly and to keep the dark thoughts away. Reminding myself that the people will not survive if the King is dead.

I close the book in my hand and look outside, through the window I can see the garden and the goddess sitting in it. Her dark skin glowing in the sun and from where I sat if I focused I swore I saw her dark freckles twinkling like stars.

She had a yellow scarf around her hair this time, which matched her beautiful dress. The way she keeps shifting tells me she's not used to wearing that type of clothes, or perhaps she was uncomfortable with who she was talking to.

It took me a while to notice that she was even talking to anyone in all honesty. An older woman, with Raven hair and green eyes. A beautiful woman, but not as equally beautiful as my goddess.

I think I've seen this woman before when Sir Charles tried to make me have fun with the castle beauties, however, I'm not so sure since I walked out of the room as fast as I could and made my way to my library that night.

Fai seems to be having a deep conversation with that woman, while the woman seems to be indifferent and a little confused.

I wonder what their relationship is.

I go back to reading, every so often looking outside and seeing the beauty outside. Time seems to be lost to me that it did not feel that an hour passed when Charles came to the library with a few men from the advisory board following him.

-----------

Fai's P.O.V

A day earlier