[4.5] MAGIC BULLET: act five

- ANIMAL CLINIC -

Derek hands the bone saw to Stiles. Then begins tying a tourniquet around the infected arm. He struggles. Alycia notices this and takes it from him. She ties it around his arm, aware of his intense gaze on her.

Stiles looks between the two, but doesn't say anything about it.

"What if you bleed to death?" He asks

Derek moves his intense gaze toward Stiles.

"It'll heal. If it works." He answers

"I don't know if I can do this."

"Why not?"

"Because of the cutting through flesh, the sawing of bone and especially the blood." Stiles says

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asks curiously and annoyed.

"No. But I might at the sight of a chopped off arm."

"All right, fine

"All right, fine. How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off her pretty little head." Derek says through gritted teeth.

"What? O-okay I don't know if I should be angry at you or fluttered, right now. Probably angry, but you just called me pretty, so, I let your threat slide this once." Alycia says giving the older boy a look.

"I'm not buying your threats anymore." Stiles says confidently, totally ignoring the girl standing next to him.

Derek grabs him by the collar.

"Hey!" Alycia calls out

"Okay, bought, sold, I'll do it, I'll do it." Stiles mutters

Derek releases him, but not because he wanted to. He starts gasping, choking and coughing. Hunching over, he opens his mouth as if to throw up. But instead of vomit, an inky black liquid is choked out. Spilling across the floor.

"Holy god, what the hell is that?" Stiles breaths out

"My body... trying... to heal." Derek replies

"It's not doing a very good job."

Kneeling on the floor, Derek looks up with glowing blue eyes.

"Now... you have to do it now." He demands

Dragging himself up, he puts his infected arm on the examining table.

"Oh god..." Stiles mutters.

Placing the edge of the blade against Derek's skin, just above the furthest-reaching infected vein, Stiles takes a deep breath.

"Don't look." Derek says to the girl standing nervously next to him.

Alycia does as she's been told, she turns around and starts praying that Scott's gonna make it on time.