[7.5] NIGHT SCHOOL: act five

-HIGH SCHOOL | CAFETARIA -

Jackson turns back to Stiles.

"Call the cops." He says.

"No."

"What do you mean no?" Jackson raises his eyebrows in question.

"I mean no. You wanna hear it in Spanish? Noh." Stiles says, trying to make it sound Spanish, keyword trying. "Derek killed three people. We don't know what he's armed with."

"Your dad is armed with an entire Sheriff's Department

"Your dad is armed with an entire Sheriff's Department. Call him." Jackson orders.

"I'm calling." Lydia says. She puts her phone to her ear.

"Hold on— Lydia, just wait—" Stiles starts forward, but Jackson shoves him back.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School. We're trapped in here and we need you to..." Lydia talks to the person on the other side of the line. She pauses. The others watch her expression change to one of surprise. She slowly pulls the phone away from her ear. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asks with disbelief.

"She said they got a tip warning that there would be prank calls about a break in at the high school. She said if I called again they would trace it and have me arrested."

"Then call again." Allison says.

"They won't trace a cellphone. They'll send a car to your house before they send someone here." Stiles stops her.

"What the... what is this? Why does Derek want to kill us all? Why is he killing anyone?" Allison asks dumbfounded.

They all look to Scott for the answer.

"Why are you all looking at me?" Scott furrows his eyebrows.

"Is he the one who sent her the text?" Lydia asks.

"No— I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one who called the police?" Allison asks.

"I don't know!" Scott snaps at her.

Allison flinches noticeably. Behind her, Jackson can't help but smile just a little bit. Stiles gets in between them to pull Scott aside, dragging Alycia by her hand.

"Okay, everybody just ease back on the throttle, all right?" Stiles tries to ease the tension.

He takes the McCall twins over to the kitchen area of the cafetaria to talk to them privately.

"First off. Throwing Derek under the bus? Nicely done." Stiles says, under his breath.

Alycia nods.

"I didn't know what to say. I had to say something. And if he's dead, it doesn't matter. Except if he's not..." Scott shakes his head. "Oh god, I totally bit her head off."