Chapter 17

I had been cradled in Brice's arms for about a half hour. His touch was so comforting. I felt so warm. So safe.

We looked deeply into each others eye. I felt hypnotized by his dazzling stare. Our face came an inches closer through every moment.

Our lips were almost touching. I felt that if Brice were to let me go, I may break. I would just fall apart into millions and millions of pieces and then just flow away in the wind. Away from his grasp. Away from him. But I know I had to be the to let go.

I had to break away from his grasp. Break away from the chance of our lips touching. So, as painful as it was. I did.

"Brice...." I muttered, I pulled my head back, away from his lips. Trying to bring back some of my tears.

"I know. We can't." He completed my sentence for me.

"I want to. I truly do." I blurted out.

"So do I. But we can't do that to Jayden." He said.

I nodded, then I leaned back into

He kept cradling me. We just sat there in silence for a little bit. Then, I heard my brother in a distance. He was talking to Audrey. I knew 'cause I could hear her voice. It sounded like they were debating about something that sounded important. But I didn't care. All I wanted was to be right here. With Brice. For to keep holding me and for him never let go.

As Brice kept holding me I started to think more of my mother and much me and Jayden resemble her. The dark brown hair. The crystal blue eyes. My father even said that Jayden and I even smiled like her.

My mother was so beautiful. Her hair was like silk. It was so soft and beauiful. If she were to cut it all off and sold it then she would've been rich. She would always braid my hair perfecly that I would be cautious everywhere I went so I wouldn't ruin it.

I remembered when she would taught us how to play all these different instruments. Playing music was the one thing we all had a passion for as a family.I can rememeber my mothers voice. Her beautful, angel-like voice. When she would sing us a lullaby it would always soath us to sleep everytime. No matter how hyper we were. One lullby would put into a deep sleep. Jayden has told me that I sing just like mom. He's told me that whenever he hears me sing, he always thinks it mom singing, but then he reminds himself that she's gone. That's why he say that he loves it when I sing, because it makes him think of all the memories that we've all had together.

"Naomi?" I heard Jayden say.

I looked up and he was standing right there. I knew that it was over. I would soon have to break myself from Brice's grasp. Break myself from his touch. From his feel.

"Yes?"

"Want to go say hi so Miss Gillard's?"

I shook my head. I don't think I'm ready but I don't think I'll ever be ready. It'll be too much. I won't be able to do it.

"That's okay, I understand." He comfortingly said.

"Thanks Jay-jay." I murmured.

He just smile with that gorgeous smile that was inherited down by our mother.

Jayden walked back down to Audrey. I stayed here cradled in Brice's arms. Then, Brice started to let go a little. I looked at his beautiful green eyes. He started to lean for a kiss. I wanted to kiss him but I didn't. I pulled away again.

"Brice..." I murmured.

"Why can't I?!" He had snapped.

"You know why." I said in shock.

Hardly no one has ever yelled at me. Everyone was always sweet and kind to me like I was always to them. I would never expect Brice to be one of few people to ever do this.

"If he loved you we would you go he happy. Which means he would let you date me." He argued.

"Brice, why are you acting like this?" I yelled.

Then he said it. That heart breaking question that I would never of thought he would say to me.

"Don't you love me?" He questioned angrily.

"Of course!" I begged.

He angrily stared at me. I felt like he was getting ready to hit me.

"If you loved me then you would be with be." He snarled.

"I thought you understood. I thought you cared." I started to cry.

"Well then, I guess I don't care enough." He snapped.

Then he let go. He freed me from his grab. But all it did was break me.

He stood up and started to walk away.

"Brice? BRICE?!" I yelled.

He didn't look. He just kept going.

His words flowed through my mind.

I guess I don't care about enough.

It kept floating around my mind like a cloud floating around in the sky. But then it hit me hard like a bowling. My mind was jumping everywhere. I was was crying so hard that I could flood this whole town. 

I thought he cared. I thought he understood. But I was wrong. 

Then suddenly, I woke up.

-----------------------
Hey Dreamers!

Hoped you liked this chapter. Sorry about the cliff hanger. But I gotta keep it interesting ;p

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment you thoughts and opinions on the chapter/book. Also I'm so excited! My birthday is coming up! ST. PATRICKS DAY BABY!!!! Haha! And my birthday is during spring break so I'll have plenty of time to be writing a new chapter (or new CHAPTERS)!

Until next time!
Later Dreamers!!
Keep Dreamin'!!!!!!!!!!!!