Chapter 13

It has been a week since I told Jayden and Brice my decision. I thought he would be freaking out. You know like, Are you out of your mind?! You can't even spend ten seconds in the grocery store with going crazy with anxiety. But to my surprise, his reaction was the total opposite.

Today, I'm getting ready for my city day of High School. I had my hair straightened perfect, or at least my kind of perfect.. I was wearing a long sleeve white sweater with jeans and black combat boots along with a Pink-ish floral scarf.

I was so excited also super nervous I thought my anxiety almost taking over me and I haven't even left the house yet. I started to breathe a little heavier than usual. Jaden was noticing it too, I've been trying to control it but.... I think we all know that's impossible. I try to calm myself by listing to some Cage the Elephant. I listened to shake me down, my favorite song by them along with ain't no rest for the wicked. It helped a little bit not a whole lot, it helped with my breathing but my wrist was shaking like crazy. I don't know why I was acting like this maybe with the thought of the environment I was going into. I don't even know.

I grabbed my backpack and started heading out my bedroom door.

"Are you ready Nai-Nai?" Jayden asked as he was putting our lunches away in a brown bag.

"Yeah, I just finished making out lunches and printing out a map of the school and highlights your classes AND marked down which period there were." He told me.

I guess Jayden was just as nervous as I was. I mean, he was acting like those overprotective, over-professional dads taking there first child to there first day of school.

"Alright. let's get going then." I cheered and we both headed to the car.

--------------------

When we got to the school Jayden parked his truck in a parking space closest to the school. As I opened the car door I saw all the student hanging out, walking around, and talking to their friends.

So many people..... I thought nervously.

Keep it together Naomi, you can do this...... I hope.... I encourage myself.... kinda.

"Okay so we have about twenty minutes until classes start so why do I introduce you to someone of my friends." Jayden recommended.

I nodded and we started walking toward the football field. We walked up to the side of the field and saw a group of guys. One of them were wearing a red varsity jackets and the two others were just wearing sporty shirts.

"Hey Jayden!" He first guy with the varsity jacket said. He had blonde hair and green eyes with freckles all over his where his cheek bones were.

"What's up Louis." Jayden greeted, giving him a fit pump.

"Who your lady-friend there?" Another guy with a Hurley sport shirt on while lifting his right eyebrow into a perfect arch. This guy had red hair with blue eyes and a very toned body. The most toned in the group.

"Adrien, this lady-friend of mineis actually my sister." he corrected.

All the guys popped their eyes out and all their mouths had dropped to ground.

"The rumors were true? You DO have a siser?" Another guy said surprised. This guy had really short brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing a superman shirt.

"Yes Derrick, they were true and I do have a sister." Jayden said in a tone that made it seem like that Derrick should've known that I existed.

"Well it's nice to meet you." Louis greeted to me while shaking my hand.

Finally, at least one of them stopped being so surprised of my existence.

"Hi, I'm Naomi." I greeted back.

I started to feel the butterflies. They were swarming around in my stomach.

"So how come we never knew of your existence until now?" Derrick asked.

"Well, I was homeschooled so I never was really out that much." I explained.

The butterflies felt like they were increasing.

"Are you still homeschooled?" Adrien questioned me.

"Not anymore. It's actually my first day at Westing High school." I mumbled to him.

I felt like if I opened my mouth again a few butterflies would fly out of my mouth.

"Cool, did you get your schedule yet?" Adrien asked.

"Not yet, I wanted to introduce Naomi to some of you guys first so she would have some familiar faces incase she saw you guys and needed to ask a question." Jayden answered for me.

Thank you Jay-Jay. I don't know how long I could've kept that up.

"Isn't he such a great brother!" Audrey said as she surprised Jayden from behind.

"Oh hey babe." Jayden greeted Audrey and gave her a kiss.

"Hey Naomi, do you want to take you to the front office to get your schedule for school." Audrey asked.

"Sure." I said. Before we left Jayden with his friend to talk Derrick stopped us and said, "Just to let you, if anyone tries to mess with you, just let us know. We'll straighten them out for you."

I giggled and gave Derrick a thumbs up and Audrey and I walked to the front office.
----------------------------
Once I got my schedule it was time for class. The lady luckily gave Audrey a pass so she could show me where my class was and not get in trouble for being late for her class.

"Okay. Your first period is.... Pre-Calculus?!" She said in surprise.

"Yeah, is there something wrong with that?" I mumble.

She looked at and saw that I was starting to get a little tense.

"Uh... No... there's nothing wrong with that. I was just surprised because we're sophomores and this is like a senior class." She explained.

"Well, when you've been extremely by and anti-social, you a lot of free time of your hands." I told her as a joke but she sadly took it seriously.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that! I just meant...."

"It's okay. I know what you meant, and don't worry. In not offended." I interrupt her and she sighed with relief.

"Oh thank goodness. Well I gotta get to class. I don't want to be too late."

"Okay. See you later."

"Bye!"

She walked down the hall and out the door. I look at the door to my classroom. The sight of it made me want to faint. My stomach was twisting and turning all up in my insides. I took a breath to calm myself down and opened the door.

"Ahh! You must be the new the new student. Welcome, I'm Mr. Joseph. Go ahead and take your seat right there in the back." He explained.

I go to the back of the classroom and took my seat.
-------------------
Hey there Dreamers!!!!! I hope you like this chapter. Make sure you vote and leave a comment!! See ya later Dreamers!! Keep Dreamin!!!!!!!!!!!!