Chapter 1

BEEP! BEEP!

There went my alarm clock. I rolled over and clicked the snooze button. I got out of bed and went to my dresser. I took out my dark blue sweatpants with a white tank top and a dark blue hoodie. I got dressed and walked out of my bedroom, down the hall, and into the kitchen where I found Jayden cooking breakfast. He was making bacon and eggs.

I love it when Jayden cooks. The smell out the cooked eggs; the sound of the grease sizzling over the dark, crispy bacon. It was the best way to start the morning.

"Good morning Naomi." Jayden greeted giving me a hug.

"Mornin'." I greeted back.

"I love that today is Friday. 'Cause there's no school tomorrow and that means I get to hang with my favorite sister." He told me.

I laughed.

"Favorite sister? I'm your only sister." I told him.

"You know what I mean. Anyways, I might be having one of my friend over after school." He said.

I froze in shock. A friend? coming here? I started to breathe heavily. Then I started to loose my balance. Jayden ran over and helped me steady myself.

"Woah there Naomi. It's okay. If he does end up coming over I'll make sure he stays out here in the living room and if you need need anything like food and a drink you can just text me from your room and I'll get it for you." He explained.

I took a deep breathe and calmed down.

"Okay Jayden. But what happens if he has to go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Then I'll text you to alert you so you can closed your door or something so he doesn't bother you, which I highly doubt he will even try to bother you." He answered.

"all right." I faintly whispered.

I'm extrmemly shy. It has now become a problem. especially since my father travels a lot on his expeditions all around the world and my only friend is my twin brother. But the only time I really hang out with him is on the weekend because he has football practices after school and we live about 30 minutes out of town. So he doesn't get home until about 10:00. The time when I'm already half asleep.

So it's pretty much just me. But I'm okay for the most part because I'm just in my own little world. A world where everything is exactly how I want it. Even with my music. I can play anything I want. Especially since I can a lot of instruments. I can play the guitar, the base, the drums, the flute, the chello, the violen, but my favorite is the piano.

Oh I love playing the piano. I have the keyboard in my room so I can put my headphones in so when my brother is home doing homework I can still play. I remember when my mom was still around. She was the one who got me in to music. We would play until I fell asleep. She was so talented. She could many instruments and her voice was like angel. She could hit every key so perfectly is was amazing. She would perform at restaurants all over town and everybody loved her. But I was her biggest fan. But when I was about 8, my mom got lung cancer and died. We don't know how she got lung cancer. She never smoked. The doctor believed it was probably just a genetic thing. Those 3 years were the worst. Especially since my dad wasn't around that much. What helped us threw those years was the music. I would play for Jayden and we would sing songs she use to sing to us.

Its been 8 years since she died. I can still remember her voice. Her voice was so graceful and beautiful. I can remember how she looked. She was absolutely beautiful. My daddy says me and my brother look just liek her. We hav her dark brown hair, her light blue eyes, Hr beautiful smile, but we also have she personality. She was caring, generous, loving, everything you ask for in a mother. But Jayden had our dad's attitude. He always had sowmthing to say about everything. He is stubbern but he is also caring.

Since my dad is barely around our Aunt Helen and Uncle Greg would stop by once a week and check up on us. It's hard because they always try to speak to me and have a conversation but I just can't get the confidence to reply back to them. So it's pretty much my brother who really talks to them. My Aunt Helen is my dad's sister. She has Blond hair and green eyes. She is older than my dad by 4 years. Her and my uncle loved coming over to hear my mom play a song. Even though they live in an apartment on the other side of town they would drive all the way down here just to hear my mom's voice. Now since she died tehy only come over to check up on us. They've always tlked to Jayden about trying to talk me into singing something but Jayden always said no because of my shyness problem.

"Naomi, before I head to school. Here's a list of thing I need from the grogery store. So when you get the chance today. Go ahead and drive out in the truck and get them oaky?" He said.

He handed me the list of everything he needed.

"And go ahead and add some stuff for you. I don't know if you needed you special female supplies." He said.

"Okay Jayden. I will after I'm done with my schoolwork." I told him.

Special female supplies is what he called them. He never felt comfortable say pads or tampons so he just calls them special female supplies. We always had those special code for things like that. Like when I get my period I would tell him in code. So I would say, "It's that time of the month." Then he would know exactly what I meant and know not to annoy me. It's so funny seeing him when I tell him thoughs things. He always gets so freaked out but he has told me that thanks to me he actually knows all the signs for when a girl is actually on her period so he doesn't get his girlfriend mad at him.

Jayden's girlfriend Audrey is a really nice girl. She a year younger than him. She has also tried to talk to me just of course I can't ever reply back. I tell that Jayden really loves Audrey and does everything for her and she does he same. She is amazing and I totally approve of her. Which says a lot from me. But I just love that when we hang out Jayden goes nonstop talking about her and he does the same about me when he hangs with Audrey. I know because Audrey has told pretty much every time I see her. It makes me happy that Jayden is happy. That's all I've ever cared about after mom died. Was keep that smile on Jayden's face.

"Bye Naomi. See you when I get back." Jayden said giving me a big hug and packing up his breakfast.

"Later Jayden. See you later." I replied back giving him a big hug back.

Jayden headed out to his car and drove out. After watching him drivign away I sat down and began eating the breakfast Jayden made for me. Alone.