Chapter 2

After I was done with my schoolwork I headed out to the car. I grabbed the list, some money, my phone, my virtual school student ID, and a giant  purse and headed out to the car. I had to have a virtual school student ID so in case a polic office asked me why I wasn't in school I could show him or her that I did online schooling and I wouldn't be arrested or sowhting like for not being in school.

I owned an old, rust, light blue pick-up truck. It was by my mom's so it holds sedimental value to me. It wa sthe car she had when we were going up. I have so many memories in this car. I hopped in and headed out to the grocery store.

As I was driving down the road I saw a figure in he distance. It got closer and closer to my car. Up to where I had to slam on the brakes. I jumped out of the car to see if I had hit it or not. It was a little puppy. A golden labrador with a red nose. I saw it was lying down as if it has been hit but there were no ounds or anything of that sort. I kneeled down and started petting it. It started to wake up. When it fully woke up it stood up and rubbing itself against my leg. 

"Hey little guy. Where's your home." I asked it.

It looked at me and tilted its head. 

"Oh, I see. You don't have a home." I said.

"Well, you can be part of my home if you want." I recommended to the little puppy.

It immediately started jumping up and down and it started barking liek crazy woth excitement.

"Woah there little guy." I told the puppy.

I stood up and picked up the little labrador. I put him in the front seat of the car. I closed the door and walked on the other side and hopped in. I then started to drive back out to the grocery store.

When I got to the grocery store I thought of what I was going to do with the puppy. I coudn't just leave him out in the car with the blazing sun. Then I thought of my bag. It looked big enough for the puppy the fit in. So I grabbed the little labrador and gently put him in my purse. He easily fitted in the bag.

 I took out the list. I looked through it. The first few things we need were eggs, milk, rootbeer, and nutella. I grabbed a shopping cart and headed to the dairy section. I grabbed as the eggs and milk I over heard a conversation by these two women next to me. 

"Oh my goodness. Is that Rebecca Clarkson?" The first woman wondered.

Rebecca Clarkson was my mother' s name. So when I said that

"That can't be. She died like 8 years ago." The second woman said.

"Well then lets ask her." the first woman declared.

I imediately started to tense. They were going to talk to me and I wouldn't be able to reply. My heart started to beat faster, my palms started to be even sweatier, and my hands started to twitch. Here she goes. I'm just watching her fromthe corner of my eye, getting ready to speak to me.

"Excuse me miss. Are you Rebecca Clarkson?" She greeted to me.

There it was. Now I had to reply to her. I felt so nervous that I could faint. 

I shook my head. 

"Oh. I could've swore you were. You look just like her." She said.

I just nodded my had and carried on through the store. 

When I had everything I needed from the list I started walking to the cash register. Then I thought of the pup. I had no food for him. So I walked back to the dog food aisle and grabbed some dog food and a bag of treats for him. I walked back the cash register and started taking the food out for the cashier to scan it. 

When he was done he started clicking a few things ont he screen.

"Okay. Will it be cash or credit?" He asked.

I frozed. I processed what he said and then took out the cash. He took the money and began coining it. He put the money in the register and bagged up everything.

"Okay. Hope you have a great day." He said smiling.

I just smiled back and nodded. I made no eye contact at all.  I just grabbed the bags and headed out of gorcery store. When I got to in the car I took the little labrador out of my bag and onto the front seat of the car. I laid my the groceries in the back and hopped in the car and headed out. 

As we were driving I began taking to the puppy.

"I'm such a sad person. I can't even try to say thanks or thank you even make eye contact without freaking out. I don't know how I got this way. I'm just a mystery to everyone. I'm like bigfoot or the Lock Ness Monster. people say they have seen me but everyone will not belive I truly believe that I exist without real evidence. I'm just a mystrey to everyone in this town. All execpt for my brother, his girlfriend, my aunt, and my uncle. I don't know what to do. I try to talk to people. I try to just be like no i'm not Rebecca Clarkson. But she is my mother. But no!... I just have to nod or shake my head like I don't even know how to speak. Like I just got here from some forgein country or something." I explained to him. 

I had no idea what I was doing. I was talking to a puppy who does even understand what I'm saying. But I felt like he did know. Like he knows my pain. Like he knows my sorrows. 

"You know. I still havent given you a name yet." I told the puppy.

"I got it. How about Gorgi." I recommended.

The puppy started jumping up and down with excitemnt and started barking like crazy dog.

"Okay, okay. Gorgi it is." I laughed.

Gorgi was the little creature from The Black Cauldron. The Black Cauldron was my favorite Disney Movie. But now, my favorite thing about that movie is that it's forgotten. It's forgotten like me. Like nobody really knows it exists. Pretty much like me.

When we got home I picked up Gorgi along wotht he gorceries which were in one giant reusable grocery bag and carried both into the house. I closed the door and laid Gorgi on the floor. He imediately started running around the place. sniffing every inch of the place. trying to map out each and every room. I went into the cabinets and pulled out a bowl. I opened the bag of dog food and poured some food for little Gorgi. I put it on the floor and called for Gorgi.

"Gorgi! Here boy!" I called out.

Gorgi came running out of one of the bedrooms and ino thtr kitchen. He started gobbling down the food like he hasn't eaten in months. 

"Woah there boy. Slow down before you choke." I said petting him. 

I walked into my room and oulled out my flute. I went back into the kitchen and saw that has ate every last bit of kibble in the bowl.

"Wow Gorgi. You were hungry." I giggled.

Gorgi was still jumping around like the crazy little pup he was.

"Hey Gorgi, Want to hear a song?" I asked showing him flute.

He began to do what he has been doing when he likes the idea. Jumping up and down with excitement and barking like a crazy dog.

"Okay. Calm down boy." I said.

I brought the flute to my mouth and began playing. Gorgi started to dance weirdly I dance with him. We dance and dance until I started to feel light headed from the flute playing. I stopped and start taking deep breathes. I looked at Gorgi and he was basically half asleep. I walked to the closet by the livign room and pulled out a blanket and some pillows. I grabbed an old baby cage and started to quickly put it together in my room. When I was dong I laid down the lanket and put the a pillow down. 

I walked out and grabbed Gorgi and brought him into my room. I laid him down in th baby cage. The half his body was on the pillow. I grabbed some oillow and put a little barrier around him. He looked so peaceful and so calm. Like nobody, not even one with the coldest heart, couldn't even try to hurt him because he looked too peaceful. It made me think. Is this what it felt like when my mother and father looked apon me and my brother as we slumbered? Is this the reason why after a rough and hard day, they would just keep smiling? Well if that true. Then I like this feeling. It must mean that I must really truly love little puppy.