1.

Elise exited the elevator leading to the headmaster office in Beacon to be met by four Monarchian soldiers wearing gasmasks standing by. Compared to how they looked during the Great War, their uniforms appear to have had minor changes since the war but they do have more advanced equipment and have a Phoenix symbol on their helmets along with ballistic armor as pauldrons.

 Compared to how they looked during the Great War, their uniforms appear to have had minor changes since the war but they do have more advanced equipment and have a Phoenix symbol on their helmets along with ballistic armor as pauldrons

One soldier, a woman approaches her with their hands behind their back.

Bodyguard: Your majesty, how was your meeting with Professor Ozpin?

Elise: Short, Claire. I did say I wouldn't be long.

Claire: That you did, your grace. Where shall we go next? Perhaps back to the ship to rest? It was a long trip.

Elise glares at her bodyguard for a moment with a tiny glimmer of stoic amusement. Claire has been her favorite among the royal guard for the past few years. And she knows her well enough that Claire is incredibly anxious being outside Mimar, their home continent and namesake of their rebranded kingdom, a decision made shortly after Mimar was completely reclaimed from colonial rule, creating the United Kingdom of Mimar. Though Claire wouldn't show her anxiety or even admit it. Actually, no Mimaran that came with Elise would admit their anxiety because they're trained to keep their emotions largely in check, both negative and positive ones.

Elise: I actually was hoping to tour this campus. After all, this is the first time I've been to Beacon. Or really any of the Academies for that matter.

Claire places her hand over her chest before bowing a little.

Claire: Very well, your majesty.

Elise nods before picking a direction and starts walking down the hallway. Claire and one of the other guards stay in front of Elise while the last two follow behind Elise as they start touring Beacon.

Elise: And if you want to go back to the ship so you can play your video games, just say so, Claire. I'm pretty lenient on my guards when it comes to their entertainment needs.

Claire: ......

The Mimarans soon pass a TV attached to the hallway wall that is displaying a news broadcast. A few students with nothing to do at the moment are watching the female news anchor on the screen. Next to her is an image of the Atlesian crest and the Mimaran crest. The Atlesian crest has a ring around a circle that has a scepter going through it, representing the Relic of Creation. The Mimaran crest however, does not represent any of the four Relics like Atlas, Vale, Vacuo, and Mistral do. Instead, Mimar's crest involves an avian Grimm known as a Phoenix rising from flames surrounded by ten stars in a circular pattern.

Anchor: The current military standoff in the Lantis Islands between the Kingdom of Atlas and the United Kingdom of Mimar continues to intensify as Atlesian and Mimaran troops are fortifying their borders and troops have been seen shouting insults across the border. The Parliament in Monarchia has ordered that all civilian traffic is to be halted in the northern Vytal Sea until the crisis is over and safety is assured in the region.