20: Fall of Beacon

A Grimm portal opens on top of a mountainside overseeing Vale and Beacon. The Wyvern is flying over Beacon, clearly injured from its fight with Sol Invictus. A humanoid Grimm with a birdlike face/mask wearing dark robes and a wide brimmed hat stands on the mountainside with their arms crossed.

 A humanoid Grimm with a birdlike face/mask wearing dark robes and a wide brimmed hat stands on the mountainside with their arms crossed

(The image is from an anime called Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense. Care to guess what species this plague doctor Grimm is if you have read one of my other series? Hehehe)

Herrscher: Tsk.

A new portal opens. Soon a Grimm walks through it with a pair of scythe blades attached to its arms dragging across the ground. It looked twisted and animalistic yet.... Intelligent somehow. And it's face had a birdlike appearance to it.

(The image is a lesser Daemon of Malal in old Warhammer 40k lore but converted here to represent a lesser version of the plague doctor Grimm)

The Herrscher glares at their underling.

Herrscher: A Wyvern is in danger. Warn it that hiding behind Beacon won't protect it and it needs to flee inland and evade the Titan. Try to protect it until it leaves the City's perimeter but don't jeopardize your own survival. Understood?

The Grimm gives an affirmative growl before jumping down the mountainside and quickly darts towards Beacon Academy. The Herrscher summons a portal that he walks into.

~

At the docks outside of Beacon. Air buses are picking up the last few civilians and students. Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck oversee the evacuation.

Port: That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!

Oobleck: A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to JTF personnel!

Weiss stares at what is in front of her, in disbelief. As Ruby comes running down the path, Zwei barks to alert Weiss to her leader's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.

Weiss: Ruby!

Ruby: Oh, I found you!

Weiss: Ruby, where have you-