4.

General Ironwood is sitting behind his desk in his office aboard his flagship. In front of him were holographic screens with three people on them. One is a dark skinned and gray haired woman, another is a somewhat skinny man with light skin and graying black hair, and the last is a man with brown hair and yellow eyes. All three are Councilmembers for the Atlas Council alongside the General.

Camilla: So, with the business on the payment for the Schnee Dust Company concluded, I suppose we can end this meeting.

Ironwood/Sleet: Agreed.

Ironwood leaned forward to press the button to end the call. However, he was stopped by the third Councilmember's voice.

??: Hold, if you will. I think there's something else we need to discuss.

Sleet: Hm? And what would that be, Councilman Clay?

Ironwood also raises an eyebrow towards Clay's screen.

Clay: According to your reports, I understand that there are Mimarans in Vale right now, including their Queen, is that correct?

Ironwood: That is right.

Clay: And their purpose is to partake in the festivities?

Ironwood: So they claim.

Clay: Right, "so they claim." General, I must say that I am concerned that their very presence in Vale coinciding with your arrival is far too convenient. I don't think they're over in Vale because of the festival, especially given that they have never shown interest of joining in the past.

Ironwood crosses his arms and leans back on his chair. He already knows where Clay is going with this. The Councilman will want to request that he try to keep the Mimarans under close watch or to maybe try to remove them from the Kingdom if possible.

Ironwood: Councilman Clay, if you are wishing me to have my troops restrict the movements of Mimaran citizens without permission from Vale's government, I-

Clay: Oh you misunderstand, General. As much as I would want to have the Mimarans thrown back onto that blasted continent of theirs, I think this may be more... beneficial to us.

This surprises Ironwood. Usually Clay is about as blunt if not blunter than him. He wasn't expecting actual political strategy from the Councilman.

Camilla: Beneficial?

Clay: The Mimarans wouldn't come to Vale unless there was something they wanted. I think they're using the festival as an excuse for their presence. I think we should play along for now and keep an eye on their activities to see what it is that they're actually here for.

Ironwood sigh and closes his eyes at the Councilman's suggestion. Clay has been an avid war hawk against Mimar ever since he started running for the Council ten years ago. He's part of the reason so many Atlesians hate and distrust Mimar. And if he had his way, there would be a war between the two Kingdoms. So it's quite odd that he is calling for observation rather than action on his hated enemy.

Ironwood: If you say so, Councilman.

(Author's Note: Councilman Bruno Clay is based loosely off of United States Senator Henry Clay, who was one of the leading War Hawks in the US Government advocating for war against Great Britain before the War of 1812.)

~

Ruby sits in the RWBY dorm room on Weiss's bed with Weiss sitting next to her with Blake and Yang sitting on Blake's bed in front of her. Blake is sitting with her arms crossed.

Blake: You what?

Ruby: We want you to go to the dance.

Blake: That's ridiculous.