15.

Mimaran and Atlas troops stand guard at the entrances for Amity arena as crowds of people enter the arena. It's time for the singles matches. Ruby, Weiss, and Blake are sitting in the stands as they look at the arena stage while Professor Port speaks on the broadcast system.

Port: Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The one-on-one finals!

In the center of the battlefield's stage, Yang smirks confidently as camera drone hovers down to the line of final fighters, a few new faces mixed in with Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, and a troubled Pyrrha at the other end of the line.

Port: Barty, why don't you explain the rules?

Oobleck: Ah, it's quite simple, Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!

Port: Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!

Oobleck: Ah, yes, yes! Now, let's see who our first match will be!

The energetic doctor points out to the screens above the stadium as the roulette starts spinning, this time for competitors instead of biomes. The random selection is watched by the arena audience and watch it reveal the first showdown.

Port: Yang Xiao Long and Sun Wukong!

Ruby cups her hands to make sure her encouragement is heard from her spot alongside RWBY, JNPR, and SSSN.

Ruby: Break a leg, sis!

Unbeknownst to everyone, someone just knocked out a pair of Atlesian and Mimaran guards near an entrance to the stage.

Port: Would all other combatants please leave the stage!

The rest of the lineup does so, and Yang starts walking up to Sun in the middle as the floor around them opens once more, with a ring of spotlights rising up to automatically fix their lights on the remaining two. Yang smiles at Sun.

Yang: You better not go easy on me.

Sun laughs playfully

Sun: You wish.

Both fighters face the crowds one last time, then slowly start advancing on each other, Yang's arms raised defensively and Sun spinning his gunchucks, as the final countdown commences.

Port: Three! Two! One! Fight!

Immediately, Yang throws a punch, and Sun spins his gunchucks to meet it, creating a shockwave between the weapons that launches him back. He closes the distance quickly and aims at her feet with his gunchucks forming into a pole staff, but she leaps over it and fires off a shot of her Ember Celica that he rotates to avoid.

Meanwhile as the fight carries on, Elise was sitting in a lounge area in Beacon with only Claire and a couple bodyguards while watching the fight. She's impressed by Yang and Sun's fighting prowess as it is making an entertaining fight.

Elise then hears the door open and she hears Ozpin's voice.

Ozpin: Elise, we need to talk.

Elise: Can it wait after this match? I'm curious whether Yang or Sun Wukong will win.

Ozpin: I understand that one of your ISB Inquisitors captured Cinder.

Elise's eyes shift their gaze towards Ozpin.

Elise: I'm assuming Ironwood told you.

Ozpin nods as he sits next to Elise.

Ozpin: Has she said anything about her remaining accomplices? Emerald Sustrai, Neopolitan?