9. Breach

Elise stares out of her hotel window as she sees smoke in the air along with Nevermores. She then walks away towards the door of her room.

~

Team RWBY along with Crane and Scorch is surrounded in the middle of the pavilion by Beowolves, Ursai, and a massive King Taijitu. The King Taijitu unleashes a mighty roar, signaling the Grimm to attack. Yang propels herself upwards, performing aerial bombardments with Ember Celica on the Grimm before three Giant Nevermores send her crashing to the ground. Blake slashes a Beowolf with Gambol Shroud before firing on the other approaching Grimm. Weiss slashes three Beowolves, before summoning a glyph to conjure up an ice blade. Yang, back on the ground, sends several cars flying towards the Grimm. A Jaeger throws an explosive towards a group of five Beowolves and Crane takes a shot at it, causing it to explode in the Grimms faces. Crane and the three Jaegers that were on top of the train regroup and then unleash a hail of bullets from their rifles at another group of encroaching Grimm that try to surround them but the two bunch up back to back as they fire their rifles and throw grenades, killing dozens of Grimm with Crane pulling a knife to stab a Beowolf through its lower jaw before it disintegrates. As Weiss finishes slashing at a Grimm, she notices the King Taijitu ready for the attack, until she also sees Nora Valkyrie flying on Magnhild towards the King Taijitu, slamming it on the head and killing the beast.

Nora: Nora Smash!

Jaune, Pyrrha and Ren soon follow in and stand beside her with their weapons drawn to assist RWBY.

Elsewhere, a group of Mimarans are firing their pistols at a pack of Ursai while evacuating civilians away from the fight. Because of their limited armaments, the pistol is all they have and it is only killing the weaker Grimm while the larger ones get closer to them as their bullets don't seem to effect them much. The Mimarans prepare to fall back until a volley of bullets mow down the Grimm in front of them. They look back to see a type of gunship equipped with a turret underneath the cockpit flying above them. The gunship hovers down in front of the Mimarans before a side hatch opens with a pair of Mimaran Legionnaires standing there with rifles on both hands each. They toss the rifles to the Mimarans on the ground and drop small ammo crate in front of them so they could gear up. The Mimarans quickly load up as a pack of Beowolves run around a corner and charge them. The Mimarans also charge the Grimm as they equipped bayonets to their rifles and fire at them before impaling them when they get close enough. As they engage in combat, one Mimaran looks up when he hears multiple engines above.

A fleet coming from the Atlesian Military, consisting of dropships that fly overhead deploying Atlesian Knight-200 units and the flagship of Ironwood. Alongside them are Mimaran dropships coming from the Mimaran flagship that transported Elise and the other Mimarans to Vale and was in hiding from the public eye. As Team RWBY looks up in the sky, an Ursa takes the opportunity to attack Ruby from behind. However, it is gunned down by a dropship's machine gun. As the robotic Knights deploy alongside Mimaran soldiers equipped with jetpacks as well as standard Legionnaires, they start gunning down the Grimm. Two of the Knights are stampeded on by a Boarbatusk, but a separate group of two Knights and two Legionnaires fire on an Ursa and another Ursa has fallen from a Knight's punch.

Elise walks down a street near the battlefield with Claire and several royal guardsmen around her as they fire at any Grimm that approaches them. One Beowolf on a nearby roof jumps down, trying to pounce on Elise. However, the Grimm is then suddenly trapped in midair as ice suddenly appears around it before shrinking and crushing it. Elise then sees a group of Grimm run towards her and her guard. The guardsmen in front of her step out of the way as the ball of bloodied ice she made shatters into shards and is fired at the Grimm, mowing them down rapidly.

Claire: Your majesty, this way.

Elise: It seems that the battle is almost over.

Before she was about to continue following her guards, she feels something strange. She looks down a nearby street and notices Cinder wearing a red and gold outfit next to Emerald and Mercury. She sees the woman nod to her companions, who subsequently begin attacking Grimm.