five

"God, Aurora, just break the bed!" Tommy groaned as I heard aggressive mouse-clicks coming from his end of the Discord call.

"I'm trying," I gritted my teeth as I knocked the last person on the island off, securing my safety as I successfully broke the bed. "I did it, you happy?"

"Okay, now bridge back to where I am- actually- no, just go on the bridge I made," he directed. I could see his character fighting off someone else, and once the bridge was clear, I sprinted across, hoping my shaky hands wouldn't let me down. "There you are." He let out a sigh that I could tell he had been holding since the minute I jumped on the island to break the bed.

"Tommy, I warned you, I can't play-"

"That's what I'm here for, Aurora," he proclaimed with evident pride in his voice. "I will teach you how to become the greatest Bedwars player alive."

I scoffed as I hit some idiot off the ledge with a single punch. "Right."

"Can't someone just calculate the fucking distance between these stupid islands or something?" Tommy groaned as we got bombarded by yet another team. I could see our other teammates were working to break another bed, but luck was far out of their grasp.

"I mean, I could if I got the right measurements of the islands and the time it takes for each player to cross it at a constant-" I caught myself before I could escalate into a full-blown analysis in the measurements of a block game. Tommy heaved a light wheeze, and I could hear his mouse-clicks becoming more aggressive with each hit.

"I didn't know you were a genius, Aurora," he commented as he began to bridge to a new unguarded island.

I kissed my teeth, and followed his bridge while being on the lookout for any surprise attacks. "I'm not a genius. I just like numbers."

"Still, math is so difficult- how do you find joy in calculations?" I could imagine Tommy's face scrunched with confusion and disgust as the words individually fell from his mouth. I assumed he wasn't big on pragmatic thinking.

I shrugged, and reminded myself he couldn't see me. "It's fun."

"What the fuck is wrong with you," he sighed, it being more of a statement rather than a question. However, his voice immediately perked up and I sensed movement from his end as he questioned "Oh, mind if I introduce you to some people?" Without waiting for my response, I could suddenly see that three new people had joined the call. "Hey guys!"

"Tommy! What are you doing? Who is this?" Another British voice spoke ecstatically.

"Guys, meet Aurora, the woman George embarrassed himself in front of and also Puffy's good friend. Aurora, meet Wilbur, Quackity, and Karl."

"Nice to meet you all," I said quickly before my chance was taken away. "Tommy sucks at Bedwars." A dramatic gasp came from Tommy, and I heard a pile of laughter explode in the call.

"Don't start a fight with me," Tommy spat as he killed someone with a final punch.

"Tommy... Tommy!" My voice rose a pitch as an entire team jumped onto the island. Tommy's shouts were undermined by laughter, and I groaned in defeat when the "You Died!" screen popped up. It didn't quite help that our bed was destroyed, either. "I give up, we've done this like six times now."

A knock sounded at the door, and I heard Ria'a muffled shout saying "Keep it down!" which caught everyone's attention.

"Who was that?" asked Karl.

"My sister."

"You have a sister?" Tommy interjected. I exited out of Bedwars and pulled up the Discord call, seeing everyone's faces. I quickly turned my camera on and gave everyone a quick wave before adjusting my gaze on Tommy to respond to his question.