eight

"We should've offered to walk you here or something, you take way too long" was Sapnap's sarcastic greeting that I responded with a smack on his arm when I approached the group standing outside the grocery store. Dark circles coated his under eyes, and his hair was messily shoved into a baseball cap.

"Sapnap's just tired, ignore him," Dream laughed. His manner immediately became serious and he slightly frowned. "You alright? I heard what happened last night."

"Oh, I'm fine thanks to George," I quickly responded, not wanting to relive that memory any longer. I gave George a quick smile, who returned it gracefully. "Where'd you want to get food?" I asked, suddenly very aware of my empty stomach threatening to growl any second.

Dream shrugged. "Anywhere you'd like."

I thought for a moment, and grinned as an option popped in my head. "George, where did you get that hamburger from? The one you were eating when, you know?"

George pursed his lips, but I could still make out the raise in his cheekbones, indicating a growing smile. "Burger Brothers, you wanna go there?" I nodded, and laughed along with Dream and Sapnap. "It's kind of a long walk, are you sure?"

"If it's a long walk, then let's go now. What time is your flight?" I directed my question towards Dream and Sapnap.

"We both have to get to the airport by four," Sapnap answered. "And none of us can drive here, so we have to call some Uber or whatever."

My brows knitted as I looked up at George. "You can't drive?"

"I'm colorblind," he replied quickly, as if his answer was prepped and stored beforehand. Dream snickered, and I only responded with a nod and grin before facing forwards again.

"What type?"

"Protanopia."

"Oh, the red and green one?"

George hummed and nodded. "Apparently I see everything differently, though. I bought some colorblind glasses and tried it out on Minecraft with Dream. It was weird."

"I remember that," Dream laughed loudly, attracting a few stares from passerby's that he casually waved off. "The look on your face was priceless."

"It's on YouTube, if you want to see it," Sapnap interjected. "On George's channel."

"Huh, I'll have to check that out sometime," I noted. "Careful." I was referring to the slight crack in the pavement I had spotted beforehand. Dream and George seemed to take my message lucidly, however, I could only watch in despair as the tip of Sapnap's foot wedged itself into the crack, causing him to stumble over his own feet.

"Oh my God, Sapnap," Dream wheezed (for the fourth time that day) and held out his hand, which Sapnap took and released within the span of three seconds. I could hear George's stifled laugh to my left, who Sapnap mouthed curses at before steadying himself back into standing position.

"Shut up shut up," he rambled under his breath, and scowled at Dream and George who were almost on the verge of tears. I stood there in silence, watching the three of them bicker for what seemed like the thousandth time. "Let's go, Aurora and I are hungry." I didn't have time to react before Sapnap laced his arm with mine and I was dragged along the cement path in front of Dream and George.

"Okay, good to know I'm not the only one starving," I chuckled as I caught my balance.

"Trust me, you aren't. Dream and George suck at scheduling meals and stuff," Sapnap huffed. "That's why we barely got any content yesterday. We had to plan out this entire day so we wouldn't miss our flights or be late."