Chapter 2: Brownie hound

Richard Vernon, if Linette was to describe, Was the biggest dick on the planet. How he got his job was a mystery to her and probably to half the students in the school.  He entered the library smugly and peered down at all those who were in the room. He holds a stack of blank white lined paper and pencils in his left hand.

"Well...well." he said, "here we are! I want to congratulate you for being on time." he was about to continue when Claire raised her hand. He looked to her, silently letting her continue.
"Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but..um..I don't think I belong in here." She says, Linette rolled her eyes at that statement and muttered under her breath about her being a spoiled princes. Vernon ignored her and looks at his watch.

"It is now seven-oh-six." He says, Brian sets his watch at the same time. " You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways.." Linette looks up when she notices John hacking one, spitting it in the air, and then catching it. Claire noticed it has well, and looks as if she is about to gag, while Linette raises a brow, and gives Bender a curious look. He looks to her and smirks.

"You may not talk" He directs to Claire.

He notices Brian shuffling and Directs to him, "you will not move from these seats."

He then glances at Linette, "You will not read" which makes her pause, and look up. She see's him giving her a direct look, and she sighed, folds the corner of her page, and put her book under her thigh. He then walks over to bender. "And you" he pulls the chair from under Benders feet and gives him a scolding look, "will not sleep." He gathers the papers and pencils into his hand, and glances individually at each pupil.

"Alright people, we're gonna try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay" He hands a piece of paper and a pencil to Alison. "-of no less than a thousand words" which makes Alison whip her head and glare. He then walks over to Bender and Linette's table and give them each a pencil and a paper, "describing to me who you think you are." Linette starts playing with her tights, picking at it while John asks Vernon if its a test.

he just ignores him gives Brian a pencil and paper and continues. "And when I say essay" John Props his feet on the table, making Linette accidentally rip her tights, from the sudden noise. "I mean essay" he said giving Andrew a paper and pencil.

"ah, fuck" she said, a little more loudly then she meant to be, she looks up and saw Vernon glaring at her and everyone else staring at her in shock.

"You just earned yourself another detention, Ms.Beaumont." he said before continuing his speech. "Anyway, I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender?" Bender looks up.
"Crystal" he said.

" Good. Maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even" he paused "decide whether or not you care to return." Brian reluctantly raises his hands and stands up.
" You know, I can answer that right now sir" he says timidly "That'd be 'No', no for me. 'cause" he was cut off when Vernon told him to sit down. he thanks him then he sits.

"my office" he points "is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised, any questions?" Andrew shakes his head and looks down, while Bender decided to patronize him.
"Yeah...I got a question." Bender said. Vernon looks at him questioningly. " Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" Linette snorted, and leaned on her elbow looking away and crossing her leg, hiding the gaping hole that was now on her thigh.

"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." and with that he left, making Linette get the book from under her thigh and turning to the page she was on and continuing to read.
"That man is a brownie hound." he said.
"ain't that the truth" Linette agreed.