Chapter 10: Lunch Time Blues

Lunch came and Linette couldn't be any happier. She dug into her bag and brought out a small brown bag. In it held a slightly less then traditional french lunch. Her grandmother, wanted to have some part of France included in her lunch so, of course, she included a small piece of a baguette and a small slice of cheese. For the main course, was some mash potatoes and some beef with a small container of a salad. It sounded like a lot, but Linette didn't always finish her meals. She wasn't always the biggest fans of salads. To drink, her grandmother had packed a water bottle. For desert, a chocolate muffin.

"watcha' got there hot stuff?"

"Hot stuff" Linette said opening the container of slightly cooled mashed potatoes. She then took out the baguette and spread some cheese on it, and took a bit. Bender watched the bread enter the girls mouth, and licked his mouth in hunger.

"Oh Hon, I have something better you can put into that mouth of y-omph" Linette, (whom got a bit flushed) interrupted his crude sentence by scooping a spoon of mashed potatoes in his mouth.

The rest who were in the room, chuckled at the sight of the crude boy (ironically) getting his mouth stuffed.

John Bender, whose pride had slightly dented, took that as a signal to not get burned anymore and decided to unleash his mischievousness unto the rest of his fellow students.

He started with the princess.

He turned his seat from Linette's and looked to Claire who ignored him and brought out a pastel blue bag that held her lunch. Bender scooted just a bit closer to see what she was putting into that mouth of hers.

He would admit that Claire had a nice pair of lips, but compared to Linette's, he thought the Latter's we prettier. If that was a thing, pretty lips, that is.

"What's in there?" He asks.

"Guess." Claire says, attempting to get him of her shoulder, she then noticed the lack of food that Bender had. "Where's your lunch."

"Linny's wearing it." He said leaning back, so he was the slightest bit closer to said girl.

"You're nauseating." says Claire.

"Salope" says Linette, before eating a bit more of her bread and cheese.

He leans his head back and winks at her, and then notices the raised hand of Alison, so being the good person that he is, got a coke and tossed it to her. Which (Linette thought was cool) she caught with one hand.

Bender had watched in curiosity as Claire brought out a black container and then opened it revealing a row of raw fish.

"what's that?" Bender asks, looking at slight disgust at the thing in her dish.

"Sushi."

"Sushi?" repeats.

Claire giggles and Linette decides she doesn't like her. "Rice, uh, raw fish and seaweed."
Linette stops chewing and stares at Claire with a slightly disgusted expression. Her grandmother had fed her snails before, she gagged. She offered sushi at one point and Linette was sent to the hospital for food poisoning.

Linette did not like sushi.

"You won't accept a guys tongue in your mouth and your goin' to eat that?" Bender asks with distaste.

"Can I eat?" Claire asks annoyed.

"I don't know. Give it a try." and Linette had to smiled into her mashed potatoes.

Andrew then started getting out his lunch, and everyone stopped and stared as he brought out a plethora of food; he takes a couple sandwiches out of his bag, a bag of potato chips, an apple, a banana, a bag of cookies and a carton of milk. Linette thought there was enough to supply food to supply Africa for a month.