Chapter 4: Tights

Bender glances at the door and then had an epiphany.
"What do you say we close that door." he said walking to the railing by Claire and Andrew's table. " We can't have any kind of party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds." he said hopping on the rail, sitting on it.
"Well, you know the door's supposed to stay open..." Brian said timidly.
"so what" he retorted.
"So why don't you just shut up! There's five other people in here you know" Andrew snapped.
"God, you can count. See! I knew you had to be smart to be a-a wrestler."he mocked.
"Who the hell are you to judge anybody anyway?" He glowered.
"Really" Claire scoffed, agreeing. Linette glared at the two, while reading a different book she found next to her.  It was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Valley of Fear, she read it a thousand times, but  still loved it.
"You know, Bender...you don't even count. I mean if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist at this school. " He continued. A loud muffled snap was heard, and everyone gave there attention to the bookworm, who looked quite peeved. She sucked her teeth, and glared harshly at Andrew.
"You know Sporto, I would really watch what you say, because It will bite you right back in the ass." Bender sent a thankful look to her, she returned it with a nod. She then opens the book once more and starts to read.
Bender takes a pause. "Well...I'll just run right out and join the wrestling team."
the two preps share a look before laughing at the tedious Idea.
"Maybe the prep club too" he continued.
"Student council" Linette said without looking away from the words.
Andrew shakes his head, "Nah, they wouldn't take you."
"I'm hurtin'" he retorted,mockingly.
"You know why guys like you knock everything?" Claire questioned, Linette rolled her eyes, while Bender muttered "Oh, this should be stunning"
she continued "It's 'cause you're afraid."
"Oh, God! You ritchies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities" He said with mock enthusiasm.
"you're a big coward" she said. ("I'm in a math club" Brian said, no one paid attention)
"See you're afraid that they won't take you. You don't belong so you just have to dump all over it" she continues.
Bender rolled his eyes, "Well...it wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being assholes...now would it?" he mocked.
"Well you wouldn't know...You don't even know any of us." she remarks.
"Well, I don't know any lepers either, but I'm not gonna run out and join one of their fucking clubs." he retorts.
"Hey let's watch the mouth, huh?" Andrew scolds.
"I'm in the physics club too..." Brian said to no one, Linette looks up from her book.
Bender looks to Claire "S'cuse me a sec" he then turns to Brian "What are you babbling about?" " Well, what I said was...I'm in the math club, the Latin club and the physics club...physics club." He said, in a 'matter of fact' tone.
Bender nods and turns to Claire."Hey...Cherry...do you belong to the physics club?"
" That's an academic club" Linette looked up from her book and raised a brow"So, I'm in the Book Club and the French Club, what difference does it make?" She asks, Claire looks to Linette.  "Yeah well, academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs." she said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world
"Oh, but to dorks like him." Bender points at Brian."and babes like her" and then Linette, who got back to reading, "they are. " he remarks.
"what do you guys do in french and book club?"
"Talk shit in French, and read and then talk about it"Linette said, flipping a page. Bender nods, "see that's a social club"  then turns to Brian, "what do you do in your club?"
 Brian thinks about it for a moment and then lists off , "In physics, um, we ah, we talk about physics...about properties of physics. 
Bender nodded" So it's sorta social...demented and sad, but social. Right?" 
 "Yeah, well, I guess you could consider it a social situation. I mean there are other children in my club and uh, at the end of the year we have, um, you know, a big banquet, at the, uh, at the Hilton." he said all timidly.
"You load up, you party" he said expectantly.
"Well, no, we get dressed up...I mean, but, we don't...we don't get high." he said chastly
"Only burners like you get high" Claire said haughtily. Linette rolled her eyes, and continued reading, still listening but reading.
Brian continued "And, uh, I didn't have any shoes. So I had to borrow my dad's. It was kinda weird 'cause my mom doesn't like me to wear other people's shoes. And, uh, my cousin Kent...my cousin Kendall from, uh, Indiana... He got high once and you know," Alison was in the background making a gun with her fingers, and pretended to shoot him "he started eating like really weird foods. And uh, and then he just felt like he didn't belong anywhere. You know, kinda like, you know "Twilight Zone" kinda."
Claire then lightly laughs and said to Bender "sounds like you"
Andrew snaps "Look, you guys keep up your talking and Vernon's gonna come right in here...I got a meet this Saturday and I'm not gonna miss it on account of you boneheads."
"Oh and wouldn't that be a bite" Bender says mordantly. Bender then grunts in mock agony."Missing a whole wrestling meet!"
Andrew glares "Well you wouldn't know anything about it, faggot, You never competed in your whole life"
"Oh, I know...I feel all empty inside because of it" his tone was in mock hurt, "I have such a deep admiration for guys that roll around on the floor with other guys!"
 "Ah, you'd never miss it. You don't have any goals." he said proudly.
"Oh, but I do"
"Yeah?" Andrew raised a brow
" I wanna be just--like--you! I figure all I need's a labotamy and some tights!"
"You wear tights?" Brian asked, suddenly becoming interested.
Andrew looks to Brian "No I don't wear tights, I wear the required uniform"
"Tights" Linette said.
Andrew glared at her, while she just stuck out her tongue, causing Bender to laugh.
"Shut up!"