Chapter 5: screws

They hear Vernon moving around out in the hall so Bender quickly comes and sits in the chair between Claire and Andrew, then turns and taps Linette on the knee, and pointed out, she nodded and sat quickly on her chair behind them.Vernon then goes back into his office. Bender turns to Andrew and snorts, then turns to Claire and lets out a noise, then gets up, winks at Linette (who had gotten back into her position (sitting criss-cross on the table) this time just to sit), and walks towards the door, doing what he planned to do earlier.
"You know there's not s'posed to be any monkey business" Brian said nervously.
Bender turned and looked at him, still walking "Young man, have you finished your paper?" he mocked Vernon.  Then turned back around and popped his collar. Linette had to admit he did look kinda cool.

He then looks out the hall causiously, and then goes to the door and take out a screw.
"Come on Bender, don't screw around" Andrew said, trying to make him stop. Though Linette laughed. Andrew turned to look at her.
"What, you didn't get your own joke?" Andrew rolls shook his head and rolled his eyes, and turned back around.
Claire then asked, "What are you gonna do?"
"Drop dead, I hope, OW!" he rubbed the back of his head. Linette had flicked a rubber band at the back of his head. Andrew turned and glared, only to receive one back, only ten times worse.
He scoffed, trying to act like he wasn't intimidated, but he actually was and Linette knew that.

"Bender, that's, that's school property there...you know, it doesn't belong to us. It's something not to be toyed with." Brian said skittishly.
Bender finally takes out the screw and runs back,to where Linette was now sitting, took her hand, and gave her the screw.
"A gift from me to you" Linette looked at him wide eyed.
"that's very funny, come on, fix it!"
"What the hell am I suppose to do with a screw?"
"I don't know but hide it"
"Where?"
"You have big boobs, hide it in your bra" Ignoring the 'big boob' comment, she did just that. And then shivered.
"It's cold"
"you should really fix that" Ignoring what Brian said, he turns to the two in front of him.
"am I a genius?"
"no your an asshole"
"What a funny guy" Bender says cynically.
"Fix the door!"
"Everyone just shh, I've been here before, I know what I'm doing!"
"No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!"
"SHUT UP!" Linette snaps, and everyone just looks at her, but then looks back to the door when they heard Vernon shout "GOD-DAMNIT!"