36

As the night went on, everyone left one by one to catch their trains home. Some even got picked up by their parents. Naomi was the last. Her train was tomorrow. She was left alone with her thoughts and only her thoughts. She hated it.

She had finished packing a while ago and she had nothing to do. Everyone in her flat and next door was on their way back home. Well everyone but Theo. He had his last set of football training for the term tomorrow so he couldn't leave just yet. Naomi scrolled through the list her older sister had sent her of things to ensure she remembered to bring home. She had everything. Until she saw the last thing on the list, her MacBook charger, where was it? She needed it before she left.

After about thirty minutes of searching her room she remembered she let Tiana borrow it today because hers had broken and she needed to submit her last piece of work for the term.

Naomi scrambled to find her phone and snapped Tiana asking her where she had left her charger Tiana replied almost immediately apologising for forgetting to actually hand it to Naomi and said she had left it in her flat kitchen, and how Theo should be able to let her in to go and get it. Naomi breathed a sigh of relief, she could get it back so she could do her work over the break.

She was in her pjs, but she didn't care as she would be getting her charger from next door and going straight back into her room to sleep. She wore a thick strapped white crop top, with no bra and small grey shorts.

She knocked on flat 157's door waiting for Theo to answer. Within no time the boy opened the door with messy hair, shirtless in low hung black Nike joggers. He arched his eyebrow at the girl at the door. He was confused as to why she was here, everyone else was gone.

"Hey um I left my MacBook charger in the kitchen, can I go get it?" She asked

Theo didn't answer, instead he moved out of the way, opening the door further for her to let herself in. He strolled back into his bedroom not caring for when she left. He didn't want to talk to her. Not with that necklace around her neck.

Naomi found her MacBook charger and made her way back to her own flat. She was annoyed that Theo had left her to cook alone, then he didn't acknowledge her and when he did it was just glares. She didn't know what she had done wrong. How could they go from friends to whatever that was so quickly. She couldn't think of what had happened between them. She wasn't even close enough to him for him to realise she wanted to kiss him back in the laundry room so what was it?

As she had made it out of the flat she went to open her flat door, when she couldn't find her key. Shit. She looked at her attire and remembered she didn't have any pockets for her to put her key card in so she didn't have it on her. She remembered how she was in such a rush to grab her charger she didn't even think about grabbing her keycard on the way out. She couldn't even call anyone to let her in cause everyone was gone.

Naomi looked at the time on her phone. 1:22 AM. She was annoyed at herself, how could she be so dumb. Without a second thought, she made her way down the stairs to get out of her block and make her way down to reception to get a new card.

As she reached reception she couldn't help but let out a string of curses as she saw the shutters down, hiding the desk which would solve her problem. Naomi found herself going back up to her block trying to think of a plan. She needed somewhere to sleep tonight.

She knocked on Flat 157's door again. Theo opened the door, to find Naomi infront of him again. He was confused. Why was she here again?

"Um so I left my key in my own flat and reception isn't open, can I just sleep on the sofa in the kitchen tonight?" She pleaded

He looked at her and felt bad, he knew she wouldn't do this on purpose. He let her in, allowing her to make her way to the kitchen.

"Oh shit, um- remember we put our sofas into your flat so we could all sit together after Christmas dinner so unless you wanna sleep on the floor-". Theo stated

Naomi stopped in her tracks. Fuck.could anything else go wrong?

"You know you could always sleep in my room and get your card tomorrow from reception" Theo offered as he saw her trying to think of a solution to her very much shitty situation.

"Thank you Theo" she smiled as she followed the boy into his room.