Her New Beginnings Ch.11

⚠️- cursing, YN angst :,)

You woke up with your phone ringing obnoxiously, reaching over and pressing accept the call, you mumbled;

"Hello?"

"Yes- is this miss L/n? It's about your mother."

You got up and rubbed your eyes, "Yes, I know- It's Christmas. But it's 6 am-"

"No, miss...I believe you should come to the hospital as soon as possible; unfortunately, I have some bad news."

You paused for a second and sighed, thumping back into bed, "I'll be there soon."

"See you then."

You put your phone down and stare off at the window. Hoping that your mom simply threw a fit and hurt herself a bit was what was wrong; you got up and stretched.

"It's too early..."

.
-•-
.

The hospital's automatic doors opened, and you briskly walked in and went up to the reception. The reception lady sadly smiled at you and handed you a clipboard. As you wrote your name with the ballpoint pen, you got more and more nervous; it was just a gut feeling, but...

You had a feeling that this Christmas Eve would suck more than others.

Handing back the clipboard, you bowed your head briefly and walked to your mom's hospital room. You caught eye of red and white but paid no mind to it as your heart rate quickened with nervousness.

Opening the door, you saw a doctor standing by your mother with a grim expression; when he saw you, he began to talk,

"You...should probably take a seat, miss L/n."

You shook your head, "No, I'll stand; please just tell me what's going on."

He nodded, and you closed the door behind you,

"Miss L/n, I sincerely apologize to give you this news on Christmas and so early in the morning, however...

Your mother she...she only has a couple of days to live."

"What?" You asked in disbelief.

The doctor nodded and adjusted his glasses, "She had a stroke at 2 am today; luckily, there was a nurse here just leaving, so she put her on life support. However, your mother's health was already deteriorating, so she was more prone to the more deadly effects of it."

You looked at your mother with furrowed eyebrows, and your nose burned with tears you'd never let fall. Covering the bottom half of your face, you muttered,

"How long?"

The doctor tapped his pen on the clipboard, "Anything past 16 hours would cause her pain. However, she can last another two days if we shut down the majority of her nerves."

You took a seat and looked at the floor; the doctor walked up and put a hand on your shoulder;

"I'll give you some time to think about it, again my apologies for the unfortunate situation."