Keep Up The Pace, Yeah? Ch.36

⚠️- cursing, yn being a lovable (hopefully) himbo idiot

"Every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful first game! This year is...this!"

Midnight was quick to explain the obstacle course. When she ordered everyone to take their places, you do a light jog to the starting point. A weight suddenly jumped on your back with a,

"Oooo L/n-chan! I'm getting so nervous for the race- what about you? Are you nervous too?" Mina asked excitedly.

You adjust your arms to hold her steady, "No."

"Ahh- so blunt like always! Show some enthusiasm...!" She whined out with a pout.

"Hey hey- get off her back, Mina! Her old bones might shatter!" Sero joked as he kept up a jog alongside you.

As Mina snickered and jumped off, you seethed out, "What?"

After you got over being made fun of, the green light started to tick down one by one,

"START!"

You immediately take the lead through the tunnel as Present Mic wasted no time on giving a play-by-play. Feeling a sudden blast of cool air you quickly react and jump up using some earth as stepping stones.

You run faster and faster, seeing the Todoroki boy catch up with you- ice following his every step to boot.

"Haha- quite the tactic! Though I suggest, you work on a better warm-up." You shout at him- after a confused but angry expression from him, he tripped.

You cackled, "Where's your ice now, pretty boy?!"

Several of your other classmates adapted. However, one person, in particular, caught your attention.

A purple-haired man being carried by-...servants?

You look forward-thinking of what you could do to get carried like a king- however, when giant robots came into view, that thought was put on hold. Seeing that other racers were approaching and fast, you scowl in frustration,

"I don't have time for this damnit."

Holding up your arms, you shout as the ground rumbled and clouds condensed above you, "SPIRITS OF THE EARTH AND HEAVENS BOW BEFORE ME AND USE YOUR STRENGTH AT MY WILL!"

Two giants materialized, one of mossy earth and the other of ice and water; both were confused for enemies by upcoming runners. However, the crowd had already got to gawking at the power you possessed.

Cackling a devilish laugh as the giants made a clear path for you while blocking the one behind you- you got back to thinking what would be worthy of carrying you to the finish line.

Then suddenly you got it!

Only you could be worthy of that honor!

Allowing the giants to return to their homes, you summon a odd horse-like creature from the earth. Jumping on, it began to run faster than you were going up until then! You truly were a genius.

"Amazing! She's the first one through! Wait is she- drinking sparkling water??" Present mic shouted in surprise right into the microphone.