Prologue

Lucas

"Sir all your meetings are over. You're free for the day." My assistant Cole said. With a nod of my head, he went out of my office. I got up and stretched, 'Man what a day!' I thought.

I was midway to my toes when my phone rang. This wasn't any normal call. "Boss. Warehouse 16. Caught the rat".

Those were enough for me to rush to the location. I'm glad the rat was caught. I couldn't stand acting any longer. I knew it was him but we played him.

Arriving in my car, as soon as I exit I'm pleased to hear the screams. Entering the warehouse I make my way to the basement.

As I pass by,  my minions bow their heads as a sign of respect.  I come face to face with the filthy rat.

"I don't care if you kill me. My boss will overthrow you", the rat cackled. I smirked and loaded my gun.

"I played you and your so-called boss." His eyes widened. "Hasta la vista baby". BOOM. He's dead.

I cleaned and reached for my keys to head back to The Santiago Mansion. My family awaits. You're probably wondering why I killed him.

Simple. He threatened to kill my family. No one and, not even a single soul will threaten my Family and dare to live.

This is my life. Family comes first. I'm Lucas Jerome Santiago.

Joanne

How happy we were. A strong family. A loving set of parents. An overprotective brother and his beautiful wife.

That horrible day. Thinking back still sends cold shivers down my spine. My heart hurts to know my parents are missing. And I can't do anything.

The only reason I'm living in this cruel and horrible world is sleeping peacefully in my arms. My son. My baby boy. My Nico.  How I wish everyone was here with me to treasure this precious jewel.

I'm truly blessed. The 2 good things in my life are my job and my son. Without either, I'm empty. No matter how much I grieve my loss, I know that none of them is gonna come back.

I was thinking so deep that I failed to notice the little fingers wiping my stray tears. My baby looks up at me confused. I smile down at him.

"Momma why crying?" My baby asks. I just chuckle and I'm about to reply when my nurse barges into my office and starts screaming, "Four men are screaming their lungs out for a doctor and calling for a doc to attend a 15-year-old female".

Before I could reply, she again starts, "None of the docs is available. Only you are here. I'll keep Nico company please go check on them. I ca-". 

"Ok ok. I'm going gurl. Keep calm. Breath and I'll be back. Make sure he stays here." I interrupt her.

She breathes in relief. I turn to my son who is pouting heavily. Guess someone is cranky after their nappy time. I snicker and grab my baby.

"Momma has to go check on someone. Would you stay with Sisi?" I ask him.

 He can't pronounce Daisy's name so he calls her Sisi. He smiles immediately and hugs me saying, "Ok momma. I be a good boy to her. Finish voosh voosh and come to me. I wuv you".

I smile and say, " Momma wuvs you too baby".

I wave and head to the pediatric department, cause that's where I hear a lot of noise. I headed toward the OP ward. Here goes nothing.

This is my life. Only my son. I'm Joanne Garcia Rodriguez.

.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.