Chapter 5

Joanne

Once I left the room, my baby wanted to go home. Well, my shift is over so I don't see why not. Nico squealed while clapping his hands. I packed up all my stuff, locked my cabin, and made my way to the pharmacy.

All the while, Nico was receiving cooes and smiles from the hospital staff. He was waving happily and squealing with joy.

Once we reached my car, I buckled him up in his baby car seater with all his toys.

We reached the Rodrigues Mansion. I placed Nico on his play mat after bathing him. Then I hurriedly freshened up.

We decided to watch FINDING DORY. I used that opportunity to feed him. And halfway through the movie, he finished up and so did I.

Then Nico asked me the most dreaded question.

"Momma, where is papa?"

I didn't have an answer to that. I was half surprised and half expecting it. Lord, what do I do now?

"Nico baby, isn't it time for sleep?" I changed the topic as soon as it came.

I took Nico to my room, after changing him into his Handy Mandy PJ's. Mostly he sleeps with me even though he has a room of his own.

I placed Nico on his side with some pillows on the edge. "Momma, sing a song pwetty pwease!" Nico asked with his puppy eyes. I smiled at him and started,

Duerme ya, dulce bien

Mi capullo de nardo.

Despacito duérmete

como la abeja en la flor.

Duerme ya, dulce bien

Duerme ya, dulce amor

Dulces sueños tendrás

al oir mi canción.

Soon his eyelids closed, hiding his baby blue eyes and his breathing evened out. Before I could sleep, the thoughts running in my head as usual were:

1. My mama and papa

2. My Nico's growing up and he'll expect answers soon.

But strangely there was an extra thought of a strange brown-eyed mystery man. With that, I was off to dreamland.

A/N

Translation to the lullaby

Sleep now, dear darling,

My bud of tuberose flowers.

Softly go to sleep

Like the bee on the flower.

Sleep now, dear darling,

Sleep now, sweet love

You'll have sweet dreams

While hearing my song.

Lucas

So I started brainstorming ideas on how to make her fall for me. Well, it's not gonna be easy considering she has a son, our son, but I'm more than happy to call him my own.

I was brought out of my line of thoughts by a knock on my door.

"Hey, hermano! Sup?", Vincent asked walking into my home office like he owns the place!

Well, sorry to burst your bubble bro but this is my den! I smirk and stare him down. And him being him, did the same.

We rolled our eyes and I handed him a glass of scotch. While drinking, I noticed his body was here and his mind was elsewhere.

"What are you thinking about hermano?" I asked him.

He looked up from his scotch and said, "Daisy".

"Well, looks like someone was thinking about a certain nurse.", I said with a smirk.

He just gave me a bored attitude and went out. But his face held an excitement I know all too well.

I sigh. At least he has a name. I know nothing abo-

Wait a minute. I own that hospital. Lucas, you're a genius.

Well, duh! That's why you are called the mafia lord, mocked my subconscious.

The next 30 mins involved me calling, threatening, and getting all the details from the hospital and when I felt it was insufficient, I gave a buzz to my PI and got the remaining information on her within the next 30 mins.

NAME: JOANNE GARCIA RODRIGUES

AGE: 28 YEARS

FAMILY: UNKNOWN, ONE SON

MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE

STUDIED AT: NYU SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

WORKPLACE: SANTIAGO PRIVATE HOSPITAL

ADDRESS: RODRIGUES MANSION

SON NAME: NICHOLAS JONATHAN RODRIGUES

SON AGE: 3 YEARS

PHONE NO: 212-XXX-XXXX

There I got all the details. I wanted to call her right now and hear her voice but, I knew it was too soon for that.

So I stuck with getting to know her and do it the traditional way. God help me, if I run out of patience then I'll kidnap them both and have them all for myself.

With that, I close my eyes and dream of a certain set of blue eyes.

A/N:

Hermano is a brother in Spanish.

.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.